Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerToday 16:10Today at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Dorking took a fair beating... by PF19/12/2017 22:12Tue Dec 19 22:12:12 2017view thread

Sutton

By rwakeley18/12/2017 14:01Mon Dec 18 14:01:23 2017

Views: 2609

I drew one conclusion from Saturday. Having be-moaned Liverpool-esque banks and concerns that we may invite pressure through the middle against stronger sides. I believe we won the midfield battle and are evolving at pace.
Casey, the Corcoran, Keagan, Big Dave, not counting the pace we are gathering resolve and becoming more rounded.
I also maintain with regards to the Trophy run, we've met the right calibre of team condusive to where we've been at. And yes, I think we are now getting to the stage where we are ready for this. It's all ran in tandum.
Love their message board - they wanted us. Good for them. I fully believe in cup runs, timing and the environment holds key on the day. I've seen a lot of giant-killing acts in my time. Gander Green, pleased at such a high profile opposition is actually close to home. My memories of that place - I don't like the ground - the pitch is a leveller - and may help us - in the same way that their surface, a boggy quagmire I always felt helped them. Historically it enabled them to defeat Coventry City. There could be an upset here.
This Hendon team is growing in stature and have everything to gain.
There's a quiet determination about how we are evolving. That comes from the top down. This is a future challenge and one that should be welcomed - Out of all the perceived 'top' sides left, this may have the makings of a very interesting afternoon.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Sutton

By Amber SUFC20/12/2017 16:23Wed Dec 20 16:23:31 2017In response to SuttonTop of thread

Views: 2408

I'm looking forward to your visit. Hopefully you will bring a few more than Truro City!

Sutton Away - Cheap travel available

By jimsredwhiteandgreen18/12/2017 16:38Mon Dec 18 16:38:07 2017In response to SuttonTop of thread

Views: 2553

Well.. not the draw I was hoping for but this is a chance to show the Non League World how good we really are. Sutton are flying high in the Conference but as we all know, Cup games mean the form guide goes out of the window.

On a positive note, it?s a relative easy journey via train to Sutton and via Southern Trains it will cost £6.40 return (£3.20 each way using Contactless or Oyster) for an Adult from Watford Junction, Harrow Wealdstone or Wembley Central which are the main stops en route on the Southern Train line changing at Clapham Junction.

I will update with train timings/connections when the fixture time and date is confirmed, but for now put this in your 2018 diary!

Re: Sutton Away - Cheap travel available

By SteveHFC18/12/2017 17:52Mon Dec 18 17:52:33 2017In response to Sutton Away - Cheap travel availableTop of thread

Views: 2525

Game is on Saturday 13th January at 3pm (as per the news item on the website posted shortly after the draw!)

Those who are more likely to travel by Thameslink, please note there is a reduced service north of Blackfriars on the day of the game, although all stations are being served. Those who have travelcard season tickets or use Oyster - Sutton is inside the travelcard zones.

About as tough a draw as we could get - away to a side challenging for promotion to the Football League. Wouldn't expect a huge crowd - they got just under 600 on Saturday against Truro in the previous round.

Will get full details of admission prices etc onto the website once everything has been agreed between the two clubs - hopefully later this week.

Edited by SteveHFC at 18:14:58 on 18th December 2017

By PF19/12/2017 12:04Tue Dec 19 12:04:21 2017In response to Re: Sutton Away - Cheap travel availableTop of thread

Views: 2458

I take it The nearest station is West Sutton right? That's a 75 min ride from Hendon Station according to TFL. West Sutton seems a very short walk to the ground. Seems the best method for me even with reduced service.

By John Rogers19/12/2017 13:25Tue Dec 19 13:25:56 2017In response to Re: Sutton Away - Cheap travel availableTop of thread

Views: 2496

Correct. The ground is pretty well right next door to West Sutton station.

Re: Sutton Away

By Dorset Don18/12/2017 18:52Mon Dec 18 18:52:51 2017In response to Re: Sutton Away - Cheap travel availableTop of thread

Views: 2475

Ouch! ~That draw was about as anti-climatic as a Tottenham title challenge! Feel for the players. Although we've had a good run with home draws, of all the new, interesting and more exciting places we could have pulled, a trip to the spot-betting fixers from south of the thames is about as uninspiring as it could imaginably get.

Previous thread: FA TROPHY - SUTTON UNITE AWAY by richhend18/12/2017 14:00Mon Dec 18 14:00:51 2017view thread