Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Sutton"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Sutton

By rwakeley18/12/2017 14:01Mon Dec 18 14:01:23 2017

Views: 2594

I drew one conclusion from Saturday. Having be-moaned Liverpool-esque banks and concerns that we may invite pressure through the middle against stronger sides. I believe we won the midfield battle and are evolving at pace.
Casey, the Corcoran, Keagan, Big Dave, not counting the pace we are gathering resolve and becoming more rounded.
I also maintain with regards to the Trophy run, we've met the right calibre of team condusive to where we've been at. And yes, I think we are now getting to the stage where we are ready for this. It's all ran in tandum.
Love their message board - they wanted us. Good for them. I fully believe in cup runs, timing and the environment holds key on the day. I've seen a lot of giant-killing acts in my time. Gander Green, pleased at such a high profile opposition is actually close to home. My memories of that place - I don't like the ground - the pitch is a leveller - and may help us - in the same way that their surface, a boggy quagmire I always felt helped them. Historically it enabled them to defeat Coventry City. There could be an upset here.
This Hendon team is growing in stature and have everything to gain.
There's a quiet determination about how we are evolving. That comes from the top down. This is a future challenge and one that should be welcomed - Out of all the perceived 'top' sides left, this may have the makings of a very interesting afternoon.