Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerToday 16:10Today at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Manager gone by Rainham don5/11/2019 11:36Tue Nov 5 11:36:24 2019view thread

Re: No game, some positives

By rwakeley2/11/2019 19:43Sat Nov 2 19:43:46 2019In response to No game, some positives

Views: 7807

Wow, what a match-up next. Boro, identical record to Walton Cas. 5 wins, 1 draw, 8 losses. Mirror image. Fancy the home encounter as much as you would understand us being out-paced in an open game away. Just had a quick look on the April line-ups. Today, 5 starters from that side for the Boro. Had we played today, conceivably 5 same starters for us. There's underlying volatility in this one. I want an all-round ninety to start taking hold. Last visit, in it for 20 mins then the wheels come off. Centre-halves struggled. Not blaming all our problems on one lad but it became apparent that from the start of last November we've stalled. Through-out Bayley was predominately the partner for Luke. We seemed to deliver better performances on the road with Bayley in the middle. This time round, I think we are better equipped. My take, this is really the initial look at a possible re-vamp. Highly questionable for me as to how we go. It's a big test. My immediate take on this next month, is not just, hopefully an improvement in fortunes, but a grasp on how we appear to be moving forward with an identity. I feel for the gaffer somewhat. I believe, James himself would readily acknowledge he his still searching for a lot of unresolved questions. How he co-ordinates his troops should hopefully start to clarify some solutions. I do re-iterate even the local cup-games this month gets players bedded in. These lads haven't in many cases even played alongside eachother. In the grand scheme of things, beyond Wednesday night, I remain optimistic. We've got to start somewhere. No time like the present. Time to put in a really solid ninety minute shift. Enjoy it - proper footballing conditions. Get out their and play, their no better off than what we are.

Edited by rwakeley at 19:44:29 on 2nd November 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Request for help from historians / stattos - other matches at Claremont Road by Bomber30/10/2019 09:50Wed Oct 30 09:50:44 2019view thread