Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerToday 16:10Today at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Darts at SJP by Paul Butler29/12/2015 23:40Tue Dec 29 23:40:27 2015view thread

Re: Glass half full or half empty?

By Den26/12/2015 22:24Sat Dec 26 22:24:13 2015In response to Re: Glass half full or half empty?

Views: 2823

This is my first post but thought I'd put a new voice in there .
The glass is half full attacking half empty defending.
Your opening paragraph says it all thought we could score at will, but once again the team forgot about the other part of the game defending, which imo has been the problem since pre season.
At 4-1 up there was no leadership out on the pitch to reign players in to maintain shape an composer out there . We are the same almost every week great going forward but always open to the counter most times when we attack we leave two maybe three holding defensively and the backs don't have the pace to handle a counter 4th goal today and lieston game prime examples.
Up top we are starting to take our chances which is pleasing and Wallace is an asset , Ibe is getting back to fitness. Midfield a worry lots of pretty ballers but no one really doing the ugly stuff , no one with the vision defensively to fill the gap we always leave between midfield and defense when on the attack.
Defensively massive questions on what's the best back 4 but the need for two quality consistent centre backs is a must .
Goalkeeper not sure where the comedy comes in didn't see second goal, but the first quality strike as was the third , the 4th a good finish one on one from central position the fifth yes I certainly question decision to come and claim and not get there (and we see it happen at all levels ) but I'll giv benefit as he took crosses before and after that and punched well. even though it cost the win, but shouldn't of with the cushion we had in the first half.
Also although never played in goal in windy conditions it's got to be hell
Before anyone takes offence these are my opinions and the reason we love the game or certain players is we all see something different and occasionally do agree

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Glass half full or half empty? by Deadman27/12/2015 10:07Sun Dec 27 10:07:53 2015

Previous thread: A Tale of Two Keepers by Deadman26/12/2015 17:54Sat Dec 26 17:54:21 2015view thread