Re: Glass half full or half empty?
Half empty - definitely after being 4-1 up after 21 minutes. At that point it did look like we could score at will and we were in control of the game - but like others, I suspected we'd concede more.
Elsewhere, I've described it as schoolboy defending, comedy goalkeeping, but entertaining (more so for neutrals than those of us with club allegances).
I've only seen 6 competitive games so far this season - 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat - so I've been more fortunate with what I've seen than most supporters - but the defending today concerns me greatly. Defend like that against the top teams and we'll get smashed. That said, I'm know that Gary, Scott & Freddie are on the case and working to improve things.
Going forward, I thought we looked ok - impressed with the two lads from Barnet, and whilst Ben Pattie was only a sub today, he impressed me in the LSC game a few weeks ago. Pleased to see Adam Wallace involved - hope he's able to be available more during the second half of the season. Carl McCluskey definitely has something to offer us too - we all know what he's capable of.
One thing I don't understand - based on the games I've seen, including pre-season - is why Joe Wright is getting the nod ahead of Melvin Minter. For me, Melvin is the more solid keeper.
Whilst there are clearly concerns, one thing I won't accuse any of the players of is a lack of effort today - I thought everyone worked hard, even if their end product wasn't up to the standards we'd like to see, or were seeing last season.
We have 17 games left - I reckon we need to win 7 of those to ensure we stay up. I think, especially with Chris Seeby and Casey Maclaren to come back in the next few weeks, we'll be fine, and we can then look forward to our future at SJP.
Next article in this thread: Re: Glass half full or half empty? by Den26/12/2015 22:24Sat Dec 26 22:24:13 2015
- Glass half full or half empty? by rwakeley26/12/2015 17:50Sat Dec 26 17:50:19 2015view thread
- Re: Glass half full or half empty? by SteveHFC26/12/2015 20:07Sat Dec 26 20:07:43 2015
- Re: Glass half full or half empty? by Den26/12/2015 22:24Sat Dec 26 22:24:13 2015
- Re: Glass half full or half empty? by Deadman27/12/2015 10:07Sun Dec 27 10:07:53 2015
- Re: Glass half full or half empty? by SteveHFC27/12/2015 11:10Sun Dec 27 11:10:44 2015
- Re: Glass half full or half empty? by Den27/12/2015 12:04Sun Dec 27 12:04:32 2015
- Re: Glass half full or half empty? by John Rogers27/12/2015 11:07Sun Dec 27 11:07:03 2015