Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerToday 16:10Today at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: FA cup by Dorset Don28/8/2018 13:44Tue Aug 28 13:44:23 2018view thread

Looking forward to the feedback on that one!

By rwakeley25/8/2018 17:19Sat Aug 25 17:19:39 2018

Views: 2165

Not unleashed a foul mouthed tirade since losing at Farnboro several years ago. The F-word - Frustration! Twice on the road late on. For all I know, not being present the lads could have been outstanding. Got to use this lesson to see these games out. Games we have won, we have looked understandably leggy late on. The depth of options on the bench perhaps. Objectively, 95 mins in, personally ecstatic.
I felt, looking at them and Hartley early doors maybe carrying over something from prior campaigns. They lost one game last season, winning the league by 19 points so momentum in their favour. Real upside in the lad German, a potential marksman, comparisons with Niko almost inevitable. Need to calm down - focus on Harrow - a replicant August bank holiday 6-0 win would help soothe things a tad. We have to turn our annoyance into a positive frame of mind. Similar points gained to last season - Remember feeling like this post Brightlingsea same time last season - last minute worldy and penalty issue. I was not good company that night!
The Irish stuff is going to taste a tad flat tonight. Let's put this right Monday. Dust ourselves down - we go again.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Looking forward to the feedback on that one!

By Rainham don25/8/2018 19:24Sat Aug 25 19:24:58 2018In response to Looking forward to the feedback on that one!Top of thread

Views: 33507

Draw just about right result. Having been 2.0 up and 3.1 maybe a little disappointed not to have clung on.Penalty looked harsh from the other end but as the ref told us in the bar that the ball would have gone to a Taunton player in the 6 yard box i can see why he gave the hand ball. Team battled for the whole game so no complaints from me.How would you feel if we had kept most of last years team and been just a couple points off the top at this stage.Think the management team the chairman and the players deserve a lot of credit.oh and not forgetting the physiotherapists as well.

By SteveHFC25/8/2018 22:54Sat Aug 25 22:54:21 2018In response to Re: Looking forward to the feedback on that one!Top of thread

Views: 2193

Am I disappointed we conceded a late equaliser? Yes.

Am I disappointed with our performance? Absolutely not.

I thought we gave everything against a side who, despite being rather one-dimesional with their long ball game, are very good at what they do. We had a penalty shout of our own turned down with about 10 minutes to go when Dylan Kearney was brought down just inside the area.

Ricardo German certainly knows where the goal is - superb advantage from the referee for his third - he was about to blow for a foul when he realised Ricardo was still in possession - allowed play to continue and within a second or two the ball was in the back of the net.

We've just got to carry on what we're doing - and if we do, I think we're in for another enjoyable season.

By Dorset Don26/8/2018 09:21Sun Aug 26 09:21:49 2018In response to Re: Looking forward to the feedback on that one!Top of thread

Views: 2066

Spot on summary there Steve. I gave the ref some stick at the end for his 'time keeping' but on balance that was a very hard game to referee and the advantage he played for our 3rd goal was the sign of an official who was on top his game! Much to entuse about from this Hendon side, plenty if effort, energy, good team spirit and some nicely worked goals. Taunton are no mugs but the new look Greens went toe to toe and earned a worthy point. Great seeing so many old faces at the game. See you all again soon!

By Warwickshire Dons26/8/2018 12:13Sun Aug 26 12:13:23 2018In response to Re: Looking forward to the feedback on that one!Top of thread

Views: 2110

Highlights of yesterday's game are now up on Taunton Town FC YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVBkWa4bLk4

By rwakeley27/8/2018 06:47Mon Aug 27 06:47:53 2018In response to Re: Looking forward to the feedback on that one!Top of thread

Views: 2141

Despite not being present, the video footage of the game was pretty near expectations. One month in, whatever the today has in store, the management and staff have done an incredible job. From the get-go my underlying assumption is the quality of this division. Ariel bombardment being a complete sod to defend against. In that regard, I think we have done reasonably well. I envisage that there is an increasing dependency on that factor and one we have to get used to. The games are very open. There's a distinct lack of clean sheets - not expecting one today. The only division at our tier not to have a 0-0 result. A mute point perhaps. Southern leaguers tend not to fare well in the major cups - Slough last season being an exception. I can see us getting more powerful - more Weynouth-esque, if they are indeed the team to watch. I worry about the standard of finishing in the division. One personal conclusion, I have enjoyed watching it, it's different, - but I would have liked a full house in the points column. That would have sent a strong message. I would rather lose 5-0 than lose a goal late on. 3 points today would be nice.

Previous thread: Website and programme by Claremont Man20/8/2018 13:47Mon Aug 20 13:47:13 2018view thread