Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Thoughts... by rwakeley2/2/2022 13:55Wed Feb 2 13:55:26 2022view thread

Swindon

By rwakeley27/1/2022 10:08Thu Jan 27 10:08:10 2022

Views: 6361

From this particular standpoint, the most predictable result of the season. Going in, Swindon had the worst record with regards conceding first in the whole division and hence have faced a significant amount of games trying to claw their way back. Hell, even Football Web Pages manufactured the exact scoreline in advance.
All great sides have solid defences, clean sheet, Quba finding for me some form making his presence felt in both boxes.
I do think games are difficult to assess. So many players out. Swindon's threat down the flank. We're missing Lucas and Sean. Poole were missing a 25 goal machine up top. It's difficult to evaluate. That being said, the 2 lads on loan for me are the exact types in terms or our missing pieces in the jigsaw. The lad at CH, well, he has the exact physical frame I think we need. Irrespective of what else he has - He should do well in his career. Eren, brings for me that unlocking exponent around the key hour mark where many home games have gone to the wall. He has turned emphasis in games, flipside, I would have put my house on Truro scoring after an hour. We went missing v Poole for a spell. These traits are still present and only time will tell what materializes.
The key remainnging hurdle for me encompasses this view. How we set-up at home with a full compliment in regard to contrasting opponents. We saw Poole dominate this very spell playing a high line. Teams from Arsenal youth, WSM and Truro have regained possession, keeping us pegged back, switching play, probing, and have benefited.
Others, the more passing orientated outfits like Swindon tend to move quickly though the middle. How we differentiate on each occassion for me is the testing ground. No good beating Truro and losing to Dorchester.
For me the defence has to be our focus. Different tests coming up will further examine us. A good thing for me.
We are clearly on the right track. The effort has been considerable. Plenty to admire, plenty to work on, and for me despite the occassional in-evitable set-back, we are clearly on the right track.
Keep going.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Moving forward... by rwakeley21/1/2022 19:20Fri Jan 21 19:20:26 2022view thread