Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Moving forward... by rwakeley21/1/2022 19:20Fri Jan 21 19:20:26 2022view thread

Second half of the season - Truro

By rwakeley13/1/2022 10:47Thu Jan 13 10:47:02 2022

Views: 4001

Hendon at the cut-off point in the stats table tells a certain story. Hendon currently lies exactly halfway, (11th), in terms of both scoring and conceding goals. Hendon has in 11 home games to date only scored on one occasion in both halves. Ironically, the only side beneath them in the latter category is surprisingly the Met. Their defence is clearly the difference. Which is bringing me nicely onto ours.
I would advocate our undoing in games, particularly at home has been dealing with predominately basic defensive traits. Something which one would believe is now due to becoming under a more challenging examination.
I've just sat through the Wimborne v Truro highlights and quite frankly been quite bemused. Every goal re-iterated for me an aspect of where I would personally stress our overall weaknesses are within our side. Crosses, corners, set-pieces, crosses swung in. Equally, I think it also shows up Truro's problems - similar to ours.
The average age of our 16 man squad last week was a mere 22 - Truro 24. They had 3 lads in the starting XI aged just 19. Previous Truro games have been for me error-strewn. Despite their apparent size - or lack of it, I maintain they do carry an ariel presence and certain sides further down the road almost rely on it. Glad to see Tommy Brewer back in the fold. I think he has been missed.
They remind me a tad of WSM - frankly a game where we created the better chances. How we cope with them down the flanks, stemming crosses. This is a test we need. They try and play out from the back and are prone to errors themselves. I think both sides are broadly at a similar development stage.
Should be a very interesting afternoon.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: My head hurts! - Part 1 by rwakeley2/1/2022 00:18Sun Jan 2 00:18:19 2022view thread