Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Goal of the Season by johnnybaker1/5/2022 19:36Sun May 1 19:36:12 2022view thread

Brentford

By Paulinbushey26/4/2022 22:57Tue Apr 26 22:57:56 2022

Views: 11734

Absolutely outstanding performance tonight, every player too a man.so proud, Lee had tactics spot on ,bring on next season.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Brentford

By rwakeley27/4/2022 19:41Wed Apr 27 19:41:15 2022In response to BrentfordTop of thread

Views: 14132

I can only echo the sentiments across the various outlets. An implemented plan, executed by a set of lads with a desire and resolute application. I personally questioned if this was possible on the back of a recent challenging set of results. I was actually more concerned by that than the perceived qualities of the opposition. Maybe the past encounters helped, the likes of Brewer and Oshodi's performances being replicated by the next in line.
Bizarre as it may sound, I sat there thinking that the Bees actually resembled an actual Dulwich type display at Champion Hill. The high line, the onus on getting the ball down by the flag to get crosses in, working the ball on the edge of the box - all very Dulwich-like.
Got to praise the backs. In particular the young lads at RB and LB - a real mature display beyond their years. Stuff Brentford, watching these lads progress is going to be a privilege. Quite where we mustered the energy levels, I don't know. Jayden for me, a fantastic individual passage of play. Got me out my seat. Something the likes of a Jefferson Louis failed to deliver on a previous visit.
Only about 2 months before we all go again. I think we all need that to aid a sense of relief over the break. Several fans had to leave early, a shame. A group of us post match could have gotten stranded with London Bridge travel problems. How fitting would that have been? Charging around looking for entrances for Elephant and Castle tube station - amusing panic to end the season! Decent turnout from our fans. Travel wise, a throwback to days on the Ryman Express. Shout out to those departing. Eren and in particular the Custodian. Top club underpinned by top people.
Fascinating season on the horizon.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: One Final Push by rwakeley24/4/2022 08:45Sun Apr 24 08:45:26 2022view thread