Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Liam Brooks by The Ancient One21/3/2022 17:03Mon Mar 21 17:03:43 2022view thread

Yate thoughts. Part 1

By rwakeley20/3/2022 12:39Sun Mar 20 12:39:14 2022

Views: 11757

A novelty. I have a slightly different take on things compared to Lee. I thought a draw would have been fair game on the premise neither side created much. I have to say, I thought it was a pen, my issue being potentially outside the box. Having seen the footage on the Yate Twitter account. I think we would have been claiming had the boot been on the other foot. For me, the GK made the challenge. I thought our work rate was far better than vs Salisbury, but similarities between both aspects of the games prevailed. I thought they were well organized and content to go over the top. Herein, lies a problem. I don't think given issues elesewhere we are able to dictate. As for the second goal, similar to Salisbury. Not one header won, but two. As with frequent goals of a similar character at SJP, our CH's appear rooted to the ground. One real effort from them, one goal. The Truro goal at home sent shockwaves. Joe, Quba, and the keeper left looking around at each other. Taking responsibility and attacking the threat is a problem.
Maybe, Guri is the key. Got to solve the issue. I liked him last time out. A Beckenbauer trait of carrying the ball out of defence. Interesting to see developments. A good time to evaluate.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Yate thoughts. Part 2

By rwakeley20/3/2022 12:51Sun Mar 20 12:51:52 2022In response to Yate thoughts. Part 1Top of thread

Views: 14469

I think our mainstay problem is on the flanks. The lad Tafari, yesterday summed up things to a tee. Not slating him at all. I like the lad. Watching him in possession. constantly restricted in his options going directly in front. Most of his passes going into Joe, one or two into Forbsey. The only time he managed to get right down the flank, linking up with Jayden - we scored. I think that fully states where we are at. I would advocate the same for the other side. Slightly different as long balls can find Eren. These are the areas for me where sides like Swindon, Gosport and Poole have all started out there attacking moves against us. Maybe, Luca would have shored things up. The gaffer for me does have options. Naturally, the loss of Lucas and Sean will transform things, but contingencies are required. Jayden the first call. Interesting to see how the gaffer goes next season with the No, 10 role. For me, Liam was under utilised in terms of his output. I like Frank. Where is his best postion. Centrally, in the their with Hamza or others. The overall balance of the side is still for me the key. As for Liam going. I thought we saw the best out of him this season when compensating for Joe up top. I used the word constipated. Probably not the best. A bit more freedom to express ourselves is probably a more apt.
Other than Hayes, I've not been blown away by anything else in this division.
I think its all just got to come together. An opportunity to evaluate things until then.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Thank you for everything! ? by JatinGuntupalli18/3/2022 09:35Fri Mar 18 09:35:40 2022view thread