Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Second half of the season - Truro by rwakeley13/1/2022 10:47Thu Jan 13 10:47:02 2022view thread

My head hurts! - Part 1

By rwakeley2/1/2022 00:18Sun Jan 2 00:18:19 2022

Views: 1171

Not for the right reasons! I thought today went off on its own tangent. Plenty of contrasting views, during and after the event. FWIW, I thought today highlighted how hamstrung Lee is with regards to the depth of the squad. A significant part of me however, equally thought the game highlighted other factors. I thought we effectively looked a 4-2-4. Now one can play the injuries card, but one also has to play with the cards one has been dealt. Today, for me highlighted the role of Liam. Most days, I don't have a problem with it. Today, a Plan b was required, and has several fans I spoke to at halt-time at Harrow, thought in unison that Corks was the go-to man. I think today, rammed home the need to get more dynamic, particularly at home in games where we display that orientation. Frankly, KL went the same way, but had too much on the day. Our in-effectiveness down the flanks was clear for all to see.
I have recently stated my opinion on corners and set-piece quality - from both sides. I don't give a fig about there's. At Harrow ,we conceded on the back of our own corner and today, similar issues. I always maintain that these types of characteristics come to prominence when you not firing. When you are playing well these passages go your way. I think it's a good indicator. I was hoping with Sean back we could at least work the opposing keeper. This can change quickly. I do think our standards have dropped in this regard of late.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: My head hurts! - Part 2

By rwakeley2/1/2022 00:35Sun Jan 2 00:35:40 2022In response to My head hurts! - Part 1Top of thread

Views: 4235

On KL. I spoke to one of their fans post-match. He stated they had had 5 forwards out! Make of that what you will. All sides have had exasperated problems. If I thought Harrow are a perennial WIP, then the KL based on today, is some kind of wonky lab experiment R&D Hayes & Yeading Phase 1 trial. I do think the genie came out of the bottle today and now out. You can't put it back in! There is something undeniably there. Today was like trying to create a bloody Frankenstein's monster between the pair of them. I do think you can traditionally get these strange behaviors when a side has gone so long without a win - but I would also advocate they have some very interesting genetic profile.
I thought today was the most fascinating game I've seen in ages. Others I spoke to just dismissed it. The dichotomy is poles apart. I thought this month, we would be able to consolidate thoughts. I'm lost on how much today was a one-off vs too how much emphasis to place on it. I would not jump the gun either way. I'm interested in both camps feedback. I'm not being critical of Hendon, not getting carried away with Kings Langley - but I would personally advocate some kind of grenade was thrown into the water today and somebody, somewhere has to pick the bones out of it all. I think these things happen for a reason.
I found it all utterly fascinating. I believe today went beyond the season to date mantra's, as valid in part as they maybe.
Time to lie down in a dark room away from civilization for a while!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Thoughts by rwakeley28/12/2021 17:11Tue Dec 28 17:11:16 2021view thread