Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Can somebody please shoot me! by rwakeley27/11/2021 09:08Sat Nov 27 09:08:42 2021view thread

WSM

By rwakeley21/11/2021 11:33Sun Nov 21 11:33:07 2021

Views: 1099

I thought yesterday was very revealing. I can't think of a game that probably sums up how I feel. Postive v negatives, style v substance, I thought going in this 2 week period would identify where we are at. I do think our results have been broadly defined by the type of opposition. I felt we could exploit Salisbury, in the same ideal we could get in behind Beaconsfield. It's these blasted sides, short battle-hardened central midfield types with a structure in place that we fail to overcome. I thought the August bank holiday games v Dorchester and Harrow revealed that. I expected Harrow to go in pretty much in a similar vein to WSM. I think we dodged a bullet v Harrow at home if I'm being honest.
Their second goal yesterday underscored everything. Their midfielders broke from the pack, no one tracked back. In one genuine attack, the games gone. I thought they marshalled Gianni well. I thought they had in their arsenal set defined plays throughout. They stuck to their task. From their perspective - job done. I do think of late we have missed Tommy in his natural position. I have questioned the defensive spine as we have appeared to have conceded a lot of ground and incoming shots from the edge of the area.
We are clearly more than capable of turning on the afterburners and destroying teams. A lot of our creative chances, for me still by-passes the central midfield. We are heavily dependent upon the wide lads. The role of Joe, back in the fray, will be interesting to watch. A lot of crosses yesterday could have done with a bit of presence. So, judgement is harsh. I agree with Lee, we've not yet got fully going yet. I thought, despite the positives, the balance is still just not firing. How much is structural and how much is personnel/injuries, I think the management will soon be able to deliver a conclusive answer.
Looking forward to the home games on the horizon - I think its a really good time to nail down some conclusions for the future direction.
We go again Tuesday.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: WSM

By Paulinbushey24/11/2021 01:07Wed Nov 24 01:07:26 2021In response to WSMTop of thread

Views: 4257

Wow tonight was just so uninspiring, where is plan B play to nippy wingers great ,cross to small forwards ,waste of time. Being the best team great, beaten on the break , becoming a habit.can manager turn it round ,yes! I do think he is the right man, midfielder needed.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Luca by The Ancient One15/11/2021 14:48Mon Nov 15 14:48:29 2021view thread