Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Potential unwanted club record by ChrisHFC10/11/2021 11:45Wed Nov 10 11:45:49 2021view thread

What a game Saturday

By rwakeley4/11/2021 09:47Thu Nov 4 09:47:12 2021

Views: 1222

Thoughts going in... They are the one side in this division who drive me mad. Identity problem. Claridge for me has just constantly been in search of a formula. Personally, I think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They always give me the impression they are somewhat statue-esque. A team of Harry Maguire's. I think they need a re-boot. They are the one side, I compare ourselves to most when we are down. In better times, the one side I look to set the standard and hang onto their coat-tails. An utter enigma.
So many questions as to who will start for them its farcical and yet so significant. Diaz, central or out wide. He does deliver a decent cross. Potential problems for them down the left and the skipper out suspended. A lot to take on board.
I envisage a game, similar to our first encounter. Not the Corks goal, the second, for me giving an indication of what we have do. I think our game is actually suited for this encounter. A typical Hendon away-day performance against a side
of whom have taken the lead just once in seven home games. The die is cast. They will expect a response to Yate midweek. Both teams need to start getting results. I think our pace and significantly, our mobility can come out on top - providing we defend well. Dealing with crosses, - is Quba back? What is our partnership. We have our own personnel quandaries. Carvallho and Brooks are pivital, Sean for me our most consistent player to date and Hamza improving by the week. I fancy us. Fascinating encounter. The timing feels good. We have to live upto expectations.
Feeling confident going in.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: And What A Result!!!

By rwakeley6/11/2021 17:08Sat Nov 6 17:08:23 2021In response to What a game SaturdayTop of thread

Views: 4348

Big, Big, Big Win. We've now beaten Truro, Taunton, and Sailsbury. For me today, a battle of attack vs defence. We came out on top. Almost a cup-tie mentality. They for me, a side that can look isolated. Even the pre-match signings look like a mirror image. Not much feedback to go on. The first half hour sounded cagey - understandable reflection of the overall predicaments. Always thought the longer the game went on we could hit them with our movement and pace. Hope Quba's soon on the mend. A gallant effort alround. We clearly have in our arsenal a potent threat.
Mission accomplished. Very solid day for the management and all particiapants.
Raising a glass of the black stuff for you lads tonight. A just reward for your efforts. Proud of you lot tonight.
Very, very well done.

Re: And What A Result!!!

By Dessie6/11/2021 19:29Sat Nov 6 19:29:53 2021In response to Re: And What A Result!!!Top of thread

Views: 1154

For a man who wasn?t at the game, marvellous work Mr Wakeley! It was pretty faultless today, although to be honest Salisbury were abysmal. Kick it long and high lads, the usual style. Anyway Shaun, Hamza, Liam and Leone were too skilful for them and the defence was magnificent, even after losing Quba.

Salisbury were out of ideas long before the end and we could have rubbed their noses in it with a third. As for their supporters, well it really is a different world down there?

Previous thread: Archive update by ChrisHFC27/10/2021 14:04Wed Oct 27 14:04:43 2021view thread