Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Impressive all-round display by rwakeley23/10/2021 23:26Sat Oct 23 23:26:39 2021view thread

Current trends...Part 1

By rwakeley11/10/2021 18:24Mon Oct 11 18:24:26 2021

Views: 1092

I do like my stats. How much emphasis one places on them, each to their own, I guess. I use them as a sort of background information. This week for me is potentially very significant. I was MIA Saturday, don't ask! I'm an advocate of past encounters traits being the hallmark of future encounters. Many would disagree due to the fact that only Keiran on the Hendon side played in the last outing between the two sides. Fair point. I would also add that checking the last 3 Hendon starting line-ups over our past meetings demonstrates the positive transformation undertaken by the management. I would further add, that Lee's post match interview was pretty much identical to the last meeting between the two sides. I think we have the opportunity to start to see results improve in line with the team transformations. Just the odd player coming back could give us the difference.
Next up HW, so an ideal chance to bag a win. Stats wise, they have only scored once at home in the first 45 in the league. We have scored first in 4 out 5 away from home - good trend - we need to capitalise on early leads. Only Poole, (8 on 13 games), have scored first more frequently in the league than ourselves, (7 in 10). We need that killer instinct to see these games out. I'm expecting a positive result at HW and I have a deluge of thoughts on Poole....

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Current trends...Part 2

By rwakeley11/10/2021 18:38Mon Oct 11 18:38:02 2021In response to Current trends...Part 1Top of thread

Views: 4636

Poole for me Saturday is a real head-scratcher. Poole as stated often score first - so presumably, something has to give. The lad Lee up top has notched 15 goals in 13 and looks a powerhouse. The next, and only other scorer appears to be the no 10, Birbidge with 5. Back for me on the number 10 syndrome. The lad certainly likes to drive forward, despite his goals, he has been subbed 8 times! Ironically, Poole are right up there with Tiverton and Hendon as being the top three for goals scored and conceded combined in the last 15 minutes. Quite a compelling backdrop.
In the Poole/Dorchester match report the correspondent appears to be be-moaning with regards there lack of squad size. They have kept a pretty stable line-up. Clearly, game management may become a factor.
I would take the bigger picture view right now. Tough couple of months ahead. We may well grow into this season.
As winter beckons, I think the surface at SJP becomes more of a potential advantage. I worry about defending corners from these stronger sides. We need to start to garner some traction. No time like the present!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Swindon by rwakeley2/10/2021 17:20Sat Oct 2 17:20:15 2021view thread