Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The way I see it - Part 1 by rwakeley23/8/2021 12:22Mon Aug 23 12:22:07 2021view thread

I'm really annoyed

By rwakeley22/8/2021 01:44Sun Aug 22 01:44:47 2021

Views: 4507

Today was bloody awful. No excuses. I don't let rip often. I can count on one hand the amount of times in 13 years I've had a go.
Don't sugarcoat that - Don't insult our intelligence. Don't use injuries as an excuse. That was an exact replicant of past performances vs Dorchester at home. Diaz, No 10, last time out, see the message below, the only half baked guy in town made us look average.
Today, the same characteristics. They bossed the midfield from start to finish. The underlying realization, we can when fully operational blow teams away. we know that. The talent in the lads is evident. Not being able to adapt, and match teams from a lower propensity is costly and frankly to continually repeat the same denominations and not learn from past experiences is frankly un-acceptable. I don't blame the defence for our goals conceded. Even today, our forwards look on paper as a strikeforce to be envied. Lucas second half, pushing forward. No problems, positives. We play too much into the oppositions hands. The goal kicks, second balls all lost, even Dorchester today play out from the back.
It really frustrates me that we do not seem to learn from our mistakes. There is so much potential, and so much to admire, its seems crazy that against the same type of sides we lack the killer instinct. What worries me more, is that the more sides we demolish in passages of equiste play it actually covers the actual unresolved weakeness on days like today which become fundamentally apparent. We have to learn these lessons. I personally think we need to match certain sides man for man in the middle. It's the Dorchester's and the Harrow's of the world where we struggle. How many god damn examples of this do we need to ram home the point. Yes, we can have pace and oliterate sides, we keep repeating these patterns. We are better than that.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: 6-6!!! by PF17/8/2021 22:05Tue Aug 17 22:05:13 2021view thread