Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: I'm really annoyed by rwakeley22/8/2021 01:44Sun Aug 22 01:44:47 2021view thread

6-6!!!

By PF17/8/2021 22:05Tue Aug 17 22:05:13 2021

Views: 1175

I've been a non posting, "result watching only" fan for 2 years.. but I noticed this... 6 unanswered goals.. 4 from Saturday and 2 tonight in 103 min total.. football looked easy... then 6 let in 77 min... football eh... bloody hell!

I must get to a few games this season... Hendon is entertaining if nothing else... :-)

reply to this article | return to the front page

Hayes - Part 1

By rwakeley18/8/2021 16:36Wed Aug 18 16:36:57 2021In response to 6-6!!!Top of thread

Views: 1115

Proper game last night! I think Lee has covered it all. Hayes reminded me of a year 2 Billericay. Second 45. the way the probed down that ruddy flank. And yet, when going through the middle, equally devastating. Equal credit to Hendon, for the way they competed. Difficult to maintain such a style for the full ninety. A lot of weight on the shoulders of the wide lads at present against quality opposition.
Onto Saturday, IMHO, irrespective of our plight a batch of games from which points should be harvested. I have not seen anything yet to suggest Dorchester carry a significant threat. The best and most generous compliment I have given them, a half hearted shout-out to the lad Diaz, now at Salisbury. This next batch of games for me comprise of teams of whom battle and scrap in midfield. Shout-out to the lad Hamza last night. Uchechi or Maradona-esque. Fascinating lad. I think he could be a creative type. Great pass from Brewer to the front line last night, noting we need our midfield to get functioning. These sides on the horizon are the very type of whom annoy the snot out of me!
I always go in thinking we should score a hatful and of course, it's rarely that straight-forward.
But if you are going to compete at the top - you know the rest! We could actually, come the end of the month, be in a very strong position.
As for last night, supreme effort from all, on all sides. How good are Hayes at the back? Long way to go...

Re: Hayes - Part 2 amended - I type to quick!

By rwakeley18/8/2021 16:37Wed Aug 18 16:37:11 2021In response to Hayes - Part 1Top of thread

Views: 4699

Whilst on Saturday last, while some of you guy's were no doubt going in search of the infamous 'Plymouth Hoe' - We have those where I live by the way,- I spent a couple of hours comparing opening day squads on a like-for-like basis.
I've waited until now due to the fact that Farnborough and Harrow are on the horizon - Wow, I was aghast at the amount of changes undertaken in teams personnel. For the record, FB and HB above were amongst the most active. Practically brand new line-ups. Notoriety shared with HW and Walton Cas.
Not surprisingly, Chesham and Truro appeared the least active and noticeably, Taunton appeared to retain most in terms of least disruption to the defensive collaboration. The Met, not surprisingly, were quite inactive.
A batch of sides, including those play-off contenders seemed to fall next in line, WSM, Poole and Salisbury come next.
I think in essence, the league table may already have a familiar feel.
I noted Lee's comments regarding Hayes and 100 goals. I think historically, the Southern League has four or five at the top and the rest traditionally lag, often by large points margins.
It's early days, but these are already important games.

Edited by rwakeley at 16:47:39 on 18th August 2021
Edited by rwakeley at 16:48:23 on 18th August 2021

Previous thread: Best result in England today! - PERIOD! by rwakeley14/8/2021 17:15Sat Aug 14 17:15:25 2021view thread