Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Pre-season thoughts - Part 1 by rwakeley21/7/2021 09:36Wed Jul 21 09:36:13 2021view thread

LSC Final

By rwakeley31/5/2021 22:23Mon May 31 22:23:07 2021

Views: 1391

Having be-moaned quantity v quality, I guess I came away from SJP thinking simplicity v complexity. The Dons, I fathom went with a 3-4-2-1 formation. That to me, old fashioned, and dim to boot is frankly beyond my comprehension. How does anybody keep track of what manifests? Toots for me, had one move in the first 45, a corner, I think delivered by a Dan Williams. If it is him, well done Mr Williams. A great delivery. Simples. Their corners from the other side - well - the delivery - let's just say, room for improvement. Then second 45, up steps Mr Williams and hey presto, goal.
I came away pondering Hendon in all this - and our approach. I for my sins have pigeonholed most sides on our division. I don't think we fit in anywhere. I think we can mix and match styles. As Churchill described Russia as 'a riddle wrapped in a mystery, wrapped up in an enigma' I think that about us. The arial approach and numbers in the box - a factor in today's game - is one area of intrigue I have with us. I think we are well equipped to cope with all and sundry and can adapt our game accordingly. I don't think a lot of other sides have the same flexiblity. An interesting pre-season awaits.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: LSC Final

By Dessie5/6/2021 18:37Sat Jun 5 18:37:49 2021In response to LSC FinalTop of thread

Views: 1352

This is incredibly perceptive stuff considering we haven?t played a game in anger for over 6 months.

When in Rome....

By rwakeley12/6/2021 23:39Sat Jun 12 23:39:29 2021In response to Re: LSC FinalTop of thread

Views: 5384

Had a day in the pub watching the Euro's. All seems the rather predictable fair. And as with the LSCF above, I have drawn the conclusion that all these over-elaborate tactical formations are suffocating the games and teams are simply being outdone by decent deliveries from out wide. Something, not entirely strange to life in the Southern League.
I would even go right off on a tangent and would advocate that the modern day football approach is nothing more than a reflection of society, particularly the younger generation and their perceptions of the league.
As a personal rant, yet again comes to the fore. The only pundit I admire is one Mr Simon Jordan on talk sport. Intelligent and very articulate lad - I would love a chat!
As for the LSCF and games seen so far in the Euro's - all the games for me see little in the way of constuctive creative midfield play and the just square balls out to the available wide man to try and cross. I'm thinking of Arsenal - the prime candidate for this approach and over dependency on the flanks. And equally how Brighton out did them by playing two up front. And as the for the 'quality' of delivery, well frankly most of that is un-impressive. Time for a re-think - me-thinks! Oh well,. At least it's nice to back on the Guinness. I need to build a time machine....more ancient Rome... Zoff, Bettega, Rossi ext....

Previous thread: New keeper by rwakeley8/6/2021 16:23Tue Jun 8 16:23:31 2021view thread