ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: NHS app by rwakeley22/9 18:30Tue Sep 22 18:30:11 2020view thread

Oldest article: 4-0 by mello10/8/2013 17:18Sat Aug 10 17:18:29 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 12th Man Fund 2020/21 by John Rogers31/1 10:28Fri Jan 31 10:28:49 2020view thread

Any coverage of the final

By saintetienne13/9 21:20Sun Sep 13 21:20:02 2020

Views: 266

Will there be any radio stream / audio stream for the final.
Or will thee be updates on twitter.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Any coverage of the final

By johnnybaker15/9 16:32Tue Sep 15 16:32:44 2020In response to Any coverage of the finalTop of thread

Views: 190

Sorry for the delay in replying - see full match coverage here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk6XTe4NpkA

A very special set of lads!

By rwakeley15/9 19:11Tue Sep 15 19:11:07 2020In response to Re: Any coverage of the finalTop of thread

Views: 150

I stood next to the Bees dugout. Contrasting differences. Their boss, constantly barking orders at anything going square or backwards. Modern day emphasis. A tad harsh but onus on their objectives were very direct. Then Hendon. Steadfast, mentally assured. Not rushed, just waited for their chance and took it. Eddie and Tommy for me. Decision making, tackling cleanly. Brewer, his positional awareness, his nous and anticipation a joy to watch. Proper old school characteristics, worthy of a proper footballing occasion. One piece of bad news....That is now the benchmark. You have set the gold standard. The demeanor of these lads is what impresses me the most. We look unruffled. We have self belief. Wonderful traits.
Delighted for Lee, sorry gaffer, gave you praise last time out. Last night, the players to a man were incredible.
The lad up top by himself, cannot praise them enough. I could go on for hours...

Re: A very special set of lads!

By Deadman16/9 11:22Wed Sep 16 11:22:39 2020In response to A very special set of lads!Top of thread

Views: 289

I thought it was a thoroughly disciplined performance and we made the best of our limitations.

The defence was superbly organised, helped in no small part by our very competent and experienced goalkeeper North. Oshidi and Brewer were magnificent at snuffing out attacks and getting in vital blocks.

The midfield held it's shape despite Bees moving the ball well and Sambou in particular impressed with his ball winning.

Lucien at least got us moving forward on occasions and James up front was rewarded for his tireless running in an often isolated position, when his smart cut inside resulted in the trip.

This was an excellent performance against very worthy opponents. In the Bees ranks they had an England U21 and a Swedish lad who had played in an FA Cup tie with the 1st XI plus a lot of other young talent. It made for an absorbing contest.

Edited by Deadman at 11:29:51 on 16th September 2020

Salisbury

By rwakeley19/9 17:40Sat Sep 19 17:40:05 2020In response to Re: A very special set of lads!Top of thread

Views: 154

At face value it would appear that a lot of what manifesred could have been telegraphed. Early goal, albiet not that early. Carried over from Monday. Back in it. Ebb and flow. My gave theory. A goal around the hour mark, then a scrap for the final third.
I spent part the afternoon drifting in and out of the league website. The usual explosion of subs, cautions and goals around the hour mark leapt of the page. Brings me onto sjp this season. The amount of games and points lost around this time....think Truro. I think this is the difference. Our game management. We need to turn this around, and I think this season we will. We salvaged a valuable point today. Credit to all. A very difficult place to go. Very well done.

NHS app

By rwakeley22/9 18:30Tue Sep 22 18:30:11 2020In response to SalisburyTop of thread

Views: 92

Sorry, having problems starting new theads with my designated access device. No doubt lots of confusion with regards the scope of this season following the days earlier announcements. From the Poole forum. The NHS app is due to go live suggesting via that particular source, that football May at least have chance this going forward. Have to focus on the job in hand. Good luck to the lads tonight.

Previous thread: Well played Gaffer... by rwakeley5/9 23:32Sat Sep 5 23:32:26 2020view thread