Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Any coverage of the final by saintetienne13/9/2020 21:20Sun Sep 13 21:20:02 2020view thread

Well played Gaffer...

By rwakeley5/9/2020 23:32Sat Sep 5 23:32:26 2020

Views: 1658

I went into today with a myriad of thoughts how this 'shape' would function. Notions of Matt Ball playing deep. Something picked up on the wires. I think this young man is sharp. I think we're if anything uber defensive. The Saints could not penetrate us through the middle. Two revelations for me today. Forbes. Bloody Hell, (sorry for the language), wow. Took control in the middle of the park. Defensive attributes not withstanding. Alongside him, Matt looked energetic. I think there is a slight additional aspect in the middle of the park for it function. I do have a slight qualm with the lack of width and directness of Brooks. The lad is a greyhound. A bit of give and take.
I do think we can function better down the flanks. The lads at 2 and 3 sublime. Class. You can set your watch by the time Perry goes forward, second half. Those crosses can come in from those areas more frequently.
The distribution from Northy is a interesting one for me as well. Early doors, we had no answer. I thought the Saints best moves were initiated from when they gained immediate possession from our goal-kicks and in particular from Big Dave in his familiar role. The new lad got more his share in the air and that is a positive as things went by. I love our right and left back. Get them going in an attacking mode. Forbes, for me, stand-out. Best I've seen him. Corks class. Interesting to see how things manifest when the lad Joe comes back into the fold. Hell, I'm really impressed with what Lee has assembled here. Questions are being answered. We have an identity. Its looking solid. The lad Smith to come back. We've got a brick wall.
Great to see every-one, fellow tech duffers included. Daz deserves a medal for having to cope with us all.
The club-house deserves a mention. This is a club with unique and talented personnel. This season, we have a team to match those credentials. Admiration and respect. Very well done to one and all. In fact outstanding job - now the fun begins.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Well played Gaffer...

By rwakeley6/9/2020 00:04Sun Sep 6 00:04:14 2020In response to Well played Gaffer...Top of thread

Views: 6364

Just watched the Gaffer Tape! Just to chime in. The LSCF. Glad to think we may go guns blazing, or at least with a more positive approach. Personally, I've been looking forward to that one for the past, what 7 or 8 months. They are clearly a decent crew. Win or lose, it's a final, silverware at stake. I wanted a tough start - we've got a really tough start. Looking at our fixtures, I think we are in for a real tough campaign - period. We are going to have to do this the hard way and learn through the school of hard knocks. I think it's exactly what we need. The LSCF, Salisbury away and the FAC which has a slight lottery-esque component. What-ever the outcome early doors, we're in for the long haul. These are the games we want to be involved in. I've already set my personal points tally for the play-offs come the New Year, (should we get that far). I agree with the gaffer - I thought there was something really quite resolute about us. This young man in charge is leading from the top down. We look professional and suitably well equipped. It's reflected on the lads, they look focused, disciplined. Good to go!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Different Proposition by rwakeley25/8/2020 22:11Tue Aug 25 22:11:25 2020view thread