Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Congrats to Chris Rogers by Michael Cox13/1/2020 14:26Mon Jan 13 14:26:13 2020view thread

The Police Are Getting Younger

By rwakeley12/1/2020 00:19Sun Jan 12 00:19:04 2020

Views: 2018

One observation this year. How teams are evolving to life in what is in effect the equivalent of a second album release. I feel for the Met. Guessing funds maybe tight if the experience levels of their lads are anything to go by. The keeper looked a potential target early doors. I still think you can see the DNA within. Their corners, the advancing backs, they have a unique structure. Interesting to see how they go on.
Take nothing away from us. Professional job, well done. I think we have more endurance, more capable of a more all-round performance. Joe's close control and movement reminds me of his counterpart at the other end of the field.
Earlier in the week, I had a look via FWP at the longest unbeaten stretches in this division. A cursory look suggested Truro at around 7 games unbeaten. I think it's going to be interesting as a gauge to compare our form here on in versus those at the top in terms of progress.
I enjoy watching these lads. Eddie looks calm and assured. No fuss. The lad Brewer reads the game well as one would expect. I also think we have an in-build reliability and expectation of each player. It is a collective, rather than individual expression. We have a good all-round ethic.
As a final journey footnote. Some of today's tales will go down in folklore. Personally, I feel as if I've been to the end of the world. Instead of the bringing home the Golden Fleece, I've brought home the flu! Thanks to John M for the lift to Kingston and David C or inputting input.
Seriously, to Lee, his staff and the lads. Well done. More of the same please!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: The Police Are Getting Younger

By John Rogers12/1/2020 10:03Sun Jan 12 10:03:50 2020In response to The Police Are Getting YoungerTop of thread

Views: 7491

I don't know if the police are getting younger, we certainly appear to be getting better.

Yesterday built on Weston in the best way possible. Clean sheet, Rihards beginning to command his 6-yard box, the two centre-halves pretty much shackled Mazzone and first half especially, the midfield won their battle convincingly.

Joe White was outstanding. Not just his goals, the whole package. Work-rate, link-up play, holding the ball up, even at one point in the first half tracking back into the left-back area to make a superb challenge. With him, Brooks and Lucien in the final third plus a renewed threat from set-pieces in and around the box, we look a very different prospect to the one in the first half of the season.

Sure to be ups and downs, and we certainly can't start thinking we're out of the dogfight, but for the first time yesterday afternoon I was beginning to look up the table instead of over our shoulders.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Travel Problems Saturday? by rwakeley5/1/2020 19:09Sun Jan 5 19:09:50 2020view thread