Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: GET BEHIND THE TEAM TOMORROW by jimsredwhiteandgreen4/10/2019 19:54Fri Oct 4 19:54:47 2019view thread

Walton Casuals

By rwakeley1/10/2019 22:03Tue Oct 1 22:03:04 2019

Views: 1642

Just dropped in to say well done to James and the lads tonight. Not everybody's favourite competition but more than a useful exercise for the squad given recent games. Some of these younger lads will benefit and we can place our trust in them going forward. As for Ryan, hope (excuse the pun) all is well. As the gaffer eluded to in his interview last time out, you can't wrap player in cotton wool. A potential chance for someone to go and make a name for themselves. If Ryan is missing on Saturday, that may well change the dynamic. These events can prove to work in your favour. Rally the troops, top performance required Saturday. It's what it's all about.
Bring it on!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Walton Casuals

By John Rogers2/10/2019 10:49Wed Oct 2 10:49:20 2019In response to Walton CasualsTop of thread

Views: 7622

Was watchable last night in spite of the filthy conditions. Very reminiscent of our visit last season in that respect. But a far better performance. Some of the fringe players did well, Francis took his goal well, only real down side was the injury to Ryan towards the end.

Both sides had good openings but I can only really recall goalkeepers being forced into one save of note. A welcome victory, a welcome clean sheet and a little shot of confidence ahead of the weekend.

Re: Walton Casuals

By rwakeley2/10/2019 12:20Wed Oct 2 12:20:49 2019In response to Re: Walton CasualsTop of thread

Views: 1643

Just watched the Poole highlights. Their first goal - sublime, no need to ever come on the forum and debate stuff ever again! That's it - that's what I believe we need to work towards and replicate. I maintain Luke and Hamblin are cracking lads of whom have already shown in patches they can orchestrate similar play. That through pass shown, it's beautiful to watch. I also maintain we have wide lads of whom we can feed. Maybe, even fringe players are those that can roam and link-up. I really don't think we are a million miles away. You can see things falling into place. They had us pinned in our own half - exactly how we should dictate proceedings, especially second halfs. Just replay that video over and over again. Incredible for some to believe right now, I maintain you can see the scope of these lads simmering under the suface. We need to start seeing some evidence of it.
Get at it!

Previous thread: Moving forward by rwakeley30/9/2019 16:25Mon Sep 30 16:25:00 2019view thread