Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Expectation Gap by rwakeley6/7/2019 20:52Sat Jul 6 20:52:32 2019view thread

TWELFTH MAN FUND

By Simon4/5/2019 14:25Sat May 4 14:25:45 2019

Views: 2543

A week is a long time in football. This time last week, we were waiting nervously to see if we could manage the win that would guarantee our survival in Step 3 football.

A week later, we can relax, safe in the knowledge that we?ll be playing Step 3 football next season with Jimmy Gray and Mark Boyce at the helm. A couple of planning meetings have been held to discuss pre-season and recruitment matters. It?s been a hectic and productive week, tempered by the difficult decision to disband the under-23s.

The next 8 weeks are going to be crucial. Preparations for the pre-season programme of matches have already commenced and will be finalised once Daz has drawn breath. We?ll share dates of pre-season and League and cup fixtures as soon as they have been finalised.

Jimmy will be working hard throughout the summer to retain the players he wants to retain and to recruit the players he wants to recruit. Again, we?ll confirm player registrations once they have been registered. Jimmy?s ability to attract and retain players will as usual depend, in no small part, on the budget that he has available to him.

As things currently stand, the budget that we are able to offer Jimmy for next season is a little lower than the budget that he worked with last season and that?s why I?m posting on this group now to launch the TWELFTH MAN FUND for the 2019/20 season rather than wait until a bit later in the close season.

Last year, our TWELFTH MEN (and WOMEN) contributed around £24,000 to the club. This figure comprised the monthly donations that some supporters have been paying ever since the Trust was formed back in 2006 as well as monthly and one-off donations that were made in response to last year?s appeal for support for the TWELFTH MAN FUND.

This season, I?m setting us a target of £16,000 of one-off and new/increased monthly donations. As with last year, every penny paid into the TWELFTH MAN FUND will go directly to the playing budget. If we can achieve or even exceed that target, then I?m hopeful that we can look forward to the new season with optimism.

I?ll post on here regularly to let you know how we?re doing against that target.

Please do what you can to support the club ? if you?d like to make a pledge or would like more information, please post a reply here or send an email to simon.hendon@btinternet.com

Thanks in advance for your support.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: TWELFTH MAN FUND

By embee4/5/2019 21:20Sat May 4 21:20:36 2019In response to TWELFTH MAN FUNDTop of thread

Views: 2523

Do regular PayPal donations keep going or do I need to set up a new one for next year?

By Hendonboy5/5/2019 11:12Sun May 5 11:12:43 2019In response to Re: TWELFTH MAN FUNDTop of thread

Views: 2374

It'll carry on unless you set an end date yourself. You can check by logging into your own PayPal account, then going to Settings > Payments > Manage your Pre Approved Payments. If there's an end date, it'll appear when you look at the HFC Trust details.

By embee5/5/2019 14:30Sun May 5 14:30:43 2019In response to Re: TWELFTH MAN FUNDTop of thread

Views: 2389

Fine, had no intention of ending it, just wanted it to carry on!

By Simon5/5/2019 19:00Sun May 5 19:00:45 2019In response to Re: TWELFTH MAN FUNDTop of thread

Views: 2378

Thanks very much embee!

TWELFTH MAN FUND - UPDATE - 11/5/19

By Simon11/5/2019 15:37Sat May 11 15:37:14 2019In response to Re: TWELFTH MAN FUNDTop of thread

Views: 57946

One week on from launching this season?s 12TH MAN FUND and here?s the first update.

This has helped Jimmy to secure Ryan Hope as our first signing of the season.

There?s still a long way to go before the target has been achieved but it?s a great start.

Thanks to those of you who have pledged to donate.

To the rest of you, please support the 12TH MAN FUND if you can.

Reply here or email me - simon.hendon@btinternet.com - if you would like to pledge or want more information. ????

Simon

TWELFTH MAN FUND - UPDATE - 19/5/19

By Simon19/5/2019 16:20Sun May 19 16:20:20 2019In response to TWELFTH MAN FUND - UPDATE - 11/5/19Top of thread

Views: 2274

It's been a pretty quiet week for the 12TH MAN FUND this week and so I don't have an update on the amount that has been pledged to date.

One statistic that you may be interested in though is the total number of people who have pledged donations so far. That number is ??? 13.

I'd like to thank each and every one who has pledged so far - it's helped Jimmy start to piece next season's squad together (look out for more squad updates in the next couple of days) - but the 12TH MAN FUND needs to be successful if we're to avoid looking over our shoulders next season.

The sooner you pledge, the sooner Jimmy can add that extra bit of quality to the squad.

Please comment here or email me at simon.hendon@btinternet.com if you'd like to be our 12th man (or woman).

TWELFTH MAN FUND - UPDATE - 1/6/19

By Simon1/6/2019 11:46Sat Jun 1 11:46:30 2019In response to TWELFTH MAN FUND - UPDATE - 19/5/19Top of thread

Views: 2250

Thanks to those who have pledged over the past fortnight, we?ve smashed through the 40% mark and we?re well on the way to 50%.

Jimmy has been talking to loads of quality players over the past few weeks but is finding their wage demands a little too rich for our tastes.

Some of these figures are likely to come down as we get into pre-season so if we can hit (or even exceed) the £16,000 target by the end of June, we could be looking at a very talented and experienced squad.

Please do what you can to make that happen.

Reply here or email me (simon.hendon@btinternet.com) if you?d like to make a pledge.

????

TWELFTH MAN FUND - UPDATE - 15/6/19

By Simon15/6/2019 16:38Sat Jun 15 16:38:28 2019In response to TWELFTH MAN FUND - UPDATE - 1/6/19Top of thread

Views: 2221

Thanks to some very generous pledges, including one from Jimmy Gray himself, I'm able to report that we have now reached 60% of this season's 12TH MAN FUND target of £16,000.

If we can reach that initial target by the end of the month, that will give me the whole of July to work a bit harder to give Jimmy the opportunity to improve the squad even further.

If you can make a pledge, please reply here or email me at simon.hendon@btinternet.com.

Thanks

Simon

TWELFTH MAN FUND - UPDATE - 4/719

By Simon4/7/2019 10:28Thu Jul 4 10:28:27 2019In response to TWELFTH MAN FUND - UPDATE - 15/6/19Top of thread

Views: 2237

It's been a very busy start to July, with pre-season training having started, 2 further signings announced and the club's main sponsors announced following a reasonably successful Sponsorship Raffle.

Somewhat in the background, pledges of donations (and the donations themselves) have continued to trickle in and I'm delighted to be able to announce that we have managed to achieve 90% of the £16,000 target that I set back in May.

While the squad that Jimmy Gray is building is looking stronger than at any time last season, there's still work to be done if we're to challenge for a play-off spot (or automatic promotion) so please keep your pledges and donations coming so that we can reach and EXCEED the target as soon as possible to allow Jimmy to finetune his squad.

As ever, we can only provide Jimmy with a budget that we can afford to pay and, as a fans-owned club, a big chunk of that budget has to come from us, the fans so please dig as deep as you can.

For more information and details of how to pay, please click here --> https://hendonfc.net/12thMan

Thanks

Simon

Previous thread: Thoughts by Whispering Minotaur30/5/2019 08:26Thu May 30 08:26:03 2019view thread