Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Travel Query Monday? by rwakeley15/4/2019 17:35Mon Apr 15 17:35:07 2019view thread

Farnborough

By The Ancient One15/4/2019 12:37Mon Apr 15 12:37:41 2019

Views: 1781

I went along to the game on Saturday with a not unrealistic hope (Inspite of Farnborough's good home defensive record) of coming away with a point. Indeed early signs were good. We were punished with a quick counter attack just on the stroke of half time. Again at the start of the second half Hendon were in the assendency. Punished again on the counter attack. Arguably we played the better football, but always lacked that "Cutting Edge" . No lack of effort on our part . As anticipated the home defence were well organised and capable. The home keeper was eventualy called in to action on at least two occasions and then saved the penalty!

reply to this article | return to the front page

When Saturday Comes

By rwakeley15/4/2019 14:32Mon Apr 15 14:32:51 2019In response to FarnboroughTop of thread

Views: 8086

Apparently, a film based on a hard-drinking bloke from Sheffield. I'm thinking more football, sure the gaffer has his thoughts as well. I re-iterate the notion of our formation on Saturday. The personnel, and its effectiveness, maybe a talking point. I do think at home there has been a chasm between the right/left backs and the forwards in front. The amount of room for others to dictate proceedings through the middle has been a consistent problem. I thought it broke down in that area, a lack of physical bite on Saturday - as a template - with Connor up-front, others up in support, looked a viable option. The crosses into our box, were a significant worry. Didn't deal with them. How the Gaffer goes Saturday is fascinating. I was impressed, with the incline of short-passing, possession, we had out wide. Previously, shifting the likes of Hopey out there. His instict is to cut back inside - it's not in his DNA to get past people wide. I do think there is a dichotomy around Shaq. I want to see Shaq attack, (not the band), but playing in a deeper role. From a defensive stand-point be more condusive. Playing 3 up-front just allows us to get hit on the counter and leaves limitations exposed. Personally, I do think Saturday shed light on our problems, with a possibility of improvement over the remainng games. Plenty of thoughts rattling around. Get to work lads. Let's go.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Farnborough v Hendon highlights by johnnybaker15/4/2019 09:11Mon Apr 15 09:11:46 2019view thread