Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Environment vs Genetics by rwakeley13/1/2019 02:30Sun Jan 13 02:30:52 2019view thread

Today really bloody annoyed me!

By rwakeley6/1/2019 00:56Sun Jan 6 00:56:49 2019

Views: 2189

Very rarely do I have a rant - I don't like doing it. Last time post Enfield 0-6. Perhaps more frustration. I've seen nothing like this. Teams are beating us for no other reason than they have a basic formation. Pound for pound, player wise - Rene Howe better than Elliott ext.. I'm convinced - not! Writing on the cards today - wait till they score then chase the game with subs. Incidently, the next ten mins or so, I thought we looked the most balanced! We are getting turned over by complete mediocrity. I've cut the management plenty of slack due to availability - that ran out today. 3 down the midfield spine - no width, no creativity. Not the best utilisation of resources. At the very least we should go toe to toe with tactical nuance. Otherwise, despite potentially better personnel we are failing to match our opposition in terms of basic organisation. No-one is going to convince me the majority of those lads out there today don't match their counter-parts in underling capabilities - that suggests to me we need to look at how we set-up. The course is not lost by any-means but bloody hell, right now, we are making things look hostile towards ourselves. I think we are, right now, our own worst enemy to some degree, because frankly, I don't rate the opposition that highly. I think it's tactically.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Today really bloody annoyed me!

By Paulinbushey7/1/2019 02:03Mon Jan 7 02:03:59 2019In response to Today really bloody annoyed me!Top of thread

Views: 8587

Rant all day long, you've been there more than me. Last season was acceptional ,this term I thought maybe do similar,all went down hill after Harrow ,(2own goals.)! injuries ,ect, No formation ,massive yes!, But please try and keep the ball on the ground for at least 3 pass's.lump it is not the way forward, even at schoolboy level.

Re: Today really bloody annoyed me!

By JWN6/1/2019 12:08Sun Jan 6 12:08:08 2019In response to Today really bloody annoyed me!Top of thread

Views: 2067

Having not been to any games can't really comment on performances,but our problems to me all seem to go back to losing probably our best 2 centre backs to injury by the end of November, worryingly to me despite all the comings & goings since then we really don't appeared to have done anything to address these losses.I know a lot of it is about money but surely there was a short or long term fix for this.

Gaffer Tape

By rwakeley6/1/2019 13:04Sun Jan 6 13:04:53 2019In response to Re: Today really bloody annoyed me!Top of thread

Views: 1989

Just tuned in. Maybe, I owe the lad's an apology. Bourne out of frustration, sitting there waiting for the inevitable pattern. This gaffer does come across very well. His message and my rant, I don't think are a million miles away. I thought our centre-halfs were possible our best players yesterday, so I think our problems go way beyond that. The amount of times we lose possesion due to being unable to lay off a simple square pass wide tells everything. The lads down the flanks are frankly all over the place. The Met and Harrow are midfield orientated. Yesterday looked as if we were trying to accomdate four or five players around 2 slots literally suffocating eachother. Shaq, Toomey, Calcutt, Harriott, Mcvey and Elliott all central. First thought, best ballers in the middle. The perception of pace down the flanks only works for me when the entire team functions. Then you still need the right players to execute. I think we need to adapt to the requirements of the league. Several oppos just have a midfield bank waiting in situe. The goals of late underscore the lack of protection for the left/right backs. These teams work well without the ball. There organised. How the gaffer decides to revamp this is going to be interesting. How we get the best out these lads is the key - we need width, I think with more traditional virtues. That is one interesting game next week. Could be quite open. The lad Blakmore working around Mazzone, they epitimize what this league is all about. I do think we carry a threat - it's going to be insightful. I agree with the gaffer, we have better players. His most telling line for me - we need a system.

Re: Gaffer Tape

By John Rogers7/1/2019 10:04Mon Jan 7 10:04:28 2019In response to Gaffer TapeTop of thread

Views: 1856

I thought the first half was the best I've seen from us since the first 20 minutes at Gosport. There was a noticeable structure to the side, Tanasheh carried a threat down the left flank and Elliott looked mean with players up around him, supporting him. We didn't threaten the Langley goal enough when, I thought, they looked there for the taking.

Second half they switched things up, brought on arguably their best player in Mitchell Weiss and started to press us much higher up the pitch. We didn't have an answer to it. The two goals conceded were pretty drab, to say the least and again, as soon as the equaliser went in the writing was on the wall. Harriott's ugly late dismissal smacked of someone fed up with working his nuts off for little or now reward.

Speaking to the management team after the game, they're under no illusions as to where we are at the moment and where we're lacking. I admire that - I'd be far more concerned if they were citing bad luck all the time and talking about us deserving more than we're getting.

A tough run of games coming up, the boys just need to keep battling for every ball, working hard and trying to create a little more in the final third.

Re: Gaffer Tape

By The Ancient One8/1/2019 11:07Tue Jan 8 11:07:55 2019In response to Re: Gaffer TapeTop of thread

Views: 1953

The most resent interview with the gaffer as always was very honest. In my view he is very much the man for the job. This is Hendon we are talking about, we don't chop and change. Gary had some difficult runs over the years when results went against us. Make no mistake this is a tough (Part time Job) on the back of a full time career. I have only seen a few away games this season. The first 20 minuets at Gosport the team was terrific and but for 3-4 outstanding saves by the home keeper we could have been 2 or 3 up. We scored and almost immediatly they equalised. The second half we failed to compete and only one side looked like winning.At Basingstoke we were poor. Gosport, Hartley Wintney, Basingstoke have all failed to rely "Kick On" from there. The best side with my limited attendance record in the league was Salisbury. They have to date maintained some consistancy.

Previous thread: Froome by dw3/1/2019 18:23Thu Jan 3 18:23:21 2019view thread