Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Not all doom and gloom by rwakeley12/12/2018 16:51Wed Dec 12 16:51:12 2018view thread

A lot to digest

By rwakeley9/12/2018 00:16Sun Dec 9 00:16:34 2018

Views: 2158

As much as as one can acknowledge where a team is at, one has to remain objective. Our keeper has let been at fault for some time and the similar type of headed goal conceded cannot go un-adressed. We are being un-done by basic defending. Costly. Very costly. I have a theory, today. Not unusual. Basingstoke, a Worthing in the making. Put a plastic surface there. Similar to our visit down there, Niko and Keagan - watch the video.
Distribiution from the keeper to the backs - in hurricane conditions. I don't want to hear that nonsense - they are the next Worthing in disguise - or at least they would be in their present environment with a surface to match. If today was a McCann side in situe, I would be bloody livid. The template is evident. Interesting model to watch. Their keeper despatched, Worthing-esque. Interesting to see how they evolve as a club. As for Hendon - we need a centre-half - as for Tuesday the Mazzone show-down. The defending let us down - second half, some cohesion - it's a response rather than being ascertive. It's not very often I'm not happy, benefit of the doubt due to the defence not being stable - I genuinely maintain these lads have great harmony - producing the end product on the road is the key determinant. One or two have gone astray in terms of execution. Home/Away form becoming apparent. The annoying factor, we have it in us. I think we let ourselves down today and allowed us to be dictated to - I will give them my 'Worthing' therory today, style wise, I think it was a factor, many will dismiss it. There is some belief in this camp - we go again.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: A lot to digest

By The Ancient One10/12/2018 12:43Mon Dec 10 12:43:11 2018In response to A lot to digestTop of thread

Views: 8677

I would rate Danny Boness in the top three keepers in the last Ten years at the club. How many Months has he featured in the player rating? This was always going to be a difficult game no regular central defensive pairing.Home sides first game under the new manager, 11+ players out to impress. Hendon were always second to the ball in the first half. Both goals conceded from corners, poor marking. A lifeline a rather soft penalty, converted with aplomb by Germany giving the home keeper no chance. Second half an improved performance but never really did we look like scoring. Two very good saves by our splendid Danny Boness to keep us in the game giving us an outside chance of a point. Yes the conditions were difficult though the same for both sides. As previously stated by other contributors what a splendid job of work by Jimmy Gray and his management team its been so far and if the poor bloke could get a fully fit squad with no suspensions available for selection for a few matches it would make such a difference.

By rwakeley11/12/2018 06:54Tue Dec 11 06:54:58 2018In response to Re: A lot to digestTop of thread

Views: 1931

Totally agree with the above post, I would ascertain we are probably all on the same page. In no way was I targeting our keeper in an individual context. Despite continually pulling off great saves, he has in the last month been responsible for some errors. Keeper's will always draw more scrutiny as a matter of course. I would not critise the young lad, equally you can't sweep it under the carpet. I would trace it back to Biggleswade when he came out of his line once or twice, he do so against Lancing. I think that is more decision making rather than confidence. In terms of errors at the back, I'm actually more concerned about the similar pattern of letting in crosses from within our own box, headed in, inside our own six yard box/back post. I'm not neccessarily putting that solely down to the re-shuffle. I like everyone else believes the major issue at present is cementing the back-line. As for the Met. Always admired their style. Passing through midfield tonight the key test. Interesting to see their form given a pre-season interview with the new man in charge stating he was completely satisfied with his squad. One or two experienced additions, turning trialists away. A seemless transition. A lot of dependency with the lad up-front. Interesting to see their midfielders chipping in - a settled side again an overriding factor. Should be a really good game.

By John Rogers10/12/2018 12:40Mon Dec 10 12:40:52 2018In response to A lot to digestTop of thread

Views: 1977

I'm pleased the manager didn't pull any punches in his post-match Twitter comments over the weekend. That was another meek and anaemic away performance on Saturday. He's right that we have done brilliantly to be 4th this close to Xmas, better than anyone dared hope. However, that can't paper over the fact that the last three performances on the road have been a long way off of where they need to be regardless of whether any play-off hopes are realistic or coming a bit early. I felt 2-1 flattered us.

I really hope that the centre-half situation is as close to being resolved as it sounds like it might be with lads regaining fitness. We could really do with a run of games now with the same two at the back to try and forge an understanding.

Also interested as to where Jimmy sees the new lad, Abrahams, fitting in.

Tomorrow's going to be desperately tough - Met Police are unbeaten in the league since 1st September. Get something from that and then put absolutely everything into stopping the rot on the road Saturday.

By embee10/12/2018 12:54Mon Dec 10 12:54:52 2018In response to Re: A lot to digestTop of thread

Views: 1983

For those who remember the home match vs Wingate where Berkeley got done from the halfway line.... That was Tanasheh Abrahams.

Previous thread: Light at the end of the tunnel by rwakeley2/12/2018 00:37Sun Dec 2 00:37:23 2018view thread