Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Feeling Rather Chipper! by rwakeley7/10/2018 16:53Sun Oct 7 16:53:36 2018view thread

Last night

By John Rogers3/10/2018 09:54Wed Oct 3 09:54:58 2018

Views: 1993

Came away frustrated last night, that's the first time I've come away from a match feeling a little short changed. I know we lost to Harrow, but we were beaten by the better side on that day.

Credit to Lancing, they hung on for 75 minutes and then not only equalised but could have snatched it late on. I thought some of our play was a little ponderous at times and we spent too long trying to be over intricate. The number of decent chances, particularly in the second half, that went begging was a bit embarrassing and we were punished for our profligacy.

Liklihood now is that, should we get through in the replay (by no means a done deal by any stretch of the imagination) we'll have a 48-hour turnaround before having to play Chippenham.

A number of lessons to be learned.

On the plus side, I thought Shaq looked sharp again and I'm pleased that Cole has come back looking bright as well.

A new ground on Sunday. At least we're still in the draw.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Last night

By rwakeley3/10/2018 16:01Wed Oct 3 16:01:22 2018In response to Last nightTop of thread

Views: 8869

As per my current state of mind. I'm going to compliment the management. There are clearly a one or two of whom are clearly learning on the job, hence frustrations are inevitable. My impression of our first half was encouraging in terms of an evolution stand-point. More width and penetration - a desire to try and get some passing and switching play, trying to utilize the whole of the pitch, trying to effect a game-plan. In that regard, that comes straight from the training pitch and overall improvement. Huge positive. Difficult to judge the overall progression with several first-teamers on the bench. That's the bone of contention. I feel for the manager in that regard. You don't win against lesser percieved oppo and questions will be asked. I think that is harsh. Maybe that's a lesson - but hindsight - greatest quality none of us have. There's no real guarantee with more recognized players filling roles we would have won - Regardless get the job done Sunday - No-one will give a jot. I reckon the gaffer has a preferred style of play which is becoming increasingly evident. As to if certain personnel are up to executing, that's an on-going scenario. I do think we benefited from Marvin playing a role. The quality of the delivery in the box was really my only concern. But I do think it is coming together. Full credit to Lancing - a good set of lads. This is more of an inconvenience than anything. Let's focus on putting it right.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Dorchester saturday by Dorset Don26/9/2018 12:24Wed Sep 26 12:24:05 2018view thread