Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 19th May 1977 by dw15/9/2018 23:16Sat Sep 15 23:16:33 2018view thread

Magnificent win in the cup

By johnnybaker12/9/2018 09:17Wed Sep 12 09:17:39 2018

Views: 1964

Followed the match on ?live scores? last night. Was fearing the worst when we went down to 10 men but to win away from home after extra time shows this team has determination and resilience in abundance. The prize money is welcome too! Would be good to hear the views on here of those who attended...

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Magnificent win in the cup

By Rainham don12/9/2018 10:31Wed Sep 12 10:31:28 2018In response to Magnificent win in the cupTop of thread

Views: 8854

Great win everyone worked their n***s off for the full 120 mins.Feared the worst when prince got a second yellow(could easily have been a straight red in the current climate)but we stuck to the task and having taken the lead with about 15 mins to go and held it until stoppage time almost held out and having equalised you feared momentum and the extra man would have counted against us.In extra time we were the better side and but for their keeper making 2 excellent saves and us hitting the bar we wouldn't have had to wait for Ricardo to break away and be felled by the keeper before smashing the resulting penalty into the net with about a minute to go to give us the lead.In the final minute plus 2 added minutes Danny made an incredible save and I think it was Luke cleared one off the line but we held on for a great win.

By SteveHFC12/9/2018 11:01Wed Sep 12 11:01:44 2018In response to Re: Magnificent win in the cupTop of thread

Views: 1910

Last night was one of those nights when I could only be proud of the team, even though it wasn't pretty to watch at times.. The desire, character and work rate we showed, particularly after going a man down, was absolutely superb. As Luke Tingey said to me after the game "We like making it hard for ourselves!".

No complaints from me about the red card. The first yellow was silly, the second one I think one or two referees might have shown a straight red. A couple of excellent saves from Danny Boness, a last minute block on the line from Luke, but that apart, we kept them to half chances on the whole. I think with 11 men we'd have seen the game won in 90 minutes.

The sheer delight and relief on the faces of the bench and players at the end was wonderful - they thoroughly deserved the applause they got from our supporters, and they clearly appreciated the support they received.

By rwakeley12/9/2018 17:07Wed Sep 12 17:07:01 2018In response to Re: Magnificent win in the cupTop of thread

Views: 1911

I did think going into the Harlow tie it could be make or break for one or two. I thought it was a good match-up. Objectively, we are still an evolutionary project, I did feel if we worked hard we could turn them over. As posted above there is an underlying resilience -but you do need other qualities. My main take-away other than the sheer true grit was the performance of the lads in the middle. Stephane, what a shift, all round the team lack some finesse which is understandable. Start putting the pieces together we will become incrementally stronger and more clinical. I want to mention his side-kick, the lad Prince. Had anybody asked me for my pre-match opinion on him, I could have been on the pitch! I thought he played well. He read his role and moved and linked things up. Hopefully, an indication of things to come from the pair of them. Now for some consistency. I wasn't sure we could have gotten much more out of one or two - be nice to be proven wrong. With one or two in and out the gaffer is probably very much formulating is initial foundations. The work-ethic of the lads - top notch. They fought for eachother and going into extra-time I thought we looked the stronger eleven. There's an under-current of stabilty being set. Bodes well. Premature perhaps, but we could be in for a decent campaign.
Very well done lads.

Previous thread: Harlow by rwakeley9/9/2018 15:15Sun Sep 9 15:15:05 2018view thread