Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Website and programme by Claremont Man20/8/2018 13:47Mon Aug 20 13:47:13 2018view thread

We've adopted a winning mentality

By rwakeley18/8/2018 23:29Sat Aug 18 23:29:45 2018

Views: 2130

I think we are becoming an increasingly solid unit. Keeper worthy of another mention - last ditch save. Very impressed with the performance of the backs. Kept Jefferson subdued. Howie and Chaps looked settled. Really impressed with the lad Guri - his all round reading of the game - Jonas, for such an inexperienced lad, didn't over complicate, looked tidy. Griffith continues to keep his head down - the lad Brown for me, another solid display. These wide lads, tangible improvement. Tentative signs the confidence is enabling them to push beyond their right/left back counterparts. Very promising indeed. Tingey slotting back helping cover for Chaps. The lad Stephane, evolving at a pace, maybe beyond the scope of a traditional box to box. Flick-ons from the keeper ala Big Dave - a potential handful in the opposing box from set pieces. Expecting great things from the lad. The lad Dombaxe is joining in the fray. We get a real passing game going, we become a literal green machine. I can only see us becoming stronger - inevitable bumps on the way - the desire to improve is evident.
It's a fantastic accomplishment to have achieved so much in such a short space of time.
Well done lads. It's coming together.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: We've adopted a winning mentality

By johnnybaker19/8/2018 09:00Sun Aug 19 09:00:15 2018In response to We've adopted a winning mentalityTop of thread

Views: 44411

First time seeing the chaps this season and the performance certainly outweighed my expectations. The manager and his staff should take great credit for the wonderful start in this division. We could and should have won by more, but results at this stage of the season are crucial for confidence. Hope this is another season to be proud of - and good to see a healthier gate again, as well as a thriving club shop. #COYG

Re: We've adopted a winning mentality

By SteveHFC19/8/2018 19:39Sun Aug 19 19:39:10 2018In response to Re: We've adopted a winning mentalityTop of thread

Views: 1921

Very pleased with what I've seen in the three games so far this season. Jimmy & his staff have done a great job pulling the squad together. Lee Chappell seems to be an excellent skipper, and I thought Marvin Morgan led the line superbly. Can't really fault anyone who has pulled on the Hendon shirt so far this season - thought Steph & Luke were very good in midfield too.

Obviously still early days, and the league remains very much an unknown quantity - but 7 points in 3 games is more than we had in 4 games last season (6pts).

Looking forward to the trip to Taunton on Saturday.

Taunton

By Dorset Don19/8/2018 20:54Sun Aug 19 20:54:34 2018In response to Re: We've adopted a winning mentalityTop of thread

Views: 1901

Looking forward to seeing the new look Greens at Taunton on Saturday. Will be a tough game - watched them against Weymuff last Tuesday and they are a strong outfit.

Previous thread: Southern League Cup by embee16/8/2018 01:04Thu Aug 16 01:04:34 2018view thread