Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Southern League Cup by embee16/8/2018 01:04Thu Aug 16 01:04:34 2018view thread

Hendon 3 Walton 0

By johnnybaker14/8/2018 22:38Tue Aug 14 22:38:31 2018

Views: 2455

Looks like a good win. Hopefully a few who were present tonight can give us some insight??

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0

By John Rogers15/8/2018 00:13Wed Aug 15 00:13:40 2018In response to Hendon 3 Walton 0Top of thread

Views: 53417

It was a good win.

The best I've seen collectively so far, things are slowly beginning to knit together and some of the lads put in impressive individual shifts.

It's hard to know at the moment how good a result that was - Walton got what looked like a good point against Basingstoke at the weekend, whilst Basingstoke beat another promoted side in Beaconsfield this evening, and of course, the big test for the boys will be when things don't go their way. Who has the character to dig in and scrap.

I liked the balance of the side, the full-backs didn't really get forward too much giving us a fairly solid base, Stephane Ngomvoulou really began to stamp his authority on the game as it went on, the two lads out wide had pace to burn and were direct when running at the Walton back four.

Star man for me was Danny Bonness, very good early save, superb penalty save just before the break and another excellent tip over late-on. More impressive was his overall command of the penalty area, positioning and handling. Ricardo German was excellent as well, he looks a real find - superbly taken goal - and Tyriq did well in the second half too.

Promising signs, still room for improvement but it's good to get an early win on the board.

By embee15/8/2018 13:09Wed Aug 15 13:09:42 2018In response to Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0Top of thread

Views: 2376

Luke made a good few attacking runs, nearly got a second if things had worked out slightly differently. Tyriq seems really hungry and took his goal well. I'm quietly confident at this stage.

By rwakeley15/8/2018 17:58Wed Aug 15 17:58:34 2018In response to Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0Top of thread

Views: 2359

That's a huge pat on the back from me. I would ascertain the additions of the lad Ricardo and Stephane have underpinned a wholesale change in the dynamic. The gaffer deserves a mention in that regard. As for the keeper - I think we'll be hard pushed to see a more match-winning performance all season. There's a lot of in-coming crosses and set-pieces, second balls, pinning around the box. Zaki, I envisage, more pro-active. Howie probably slightly more efficient in that regard when in the middle. I prefer the back line last night, but ironically, I believe alternative players possess different strengths and weaknesses. Best of both worlds scenario. Stephane, interesting lad, Son of Big Dave - a Viera type. Who plays along-side remains a quandry. Early days. I think the lad Griffiths improves game by game and a shout-out to the lad Cole. I had been totally under-whelmed. The gaffer stuck by the lad pre-season. Last night, I was reasonably impressed with the lad. Kinda reminds me of the Marcus Rashford! Lots of thoughts on that.
Another take-away. The oppo's style. I'm guessing that would have been more us had we gone down the Kearney route. Balls over the top and down channels. Still obviously a useful component - Just thinking we maybe evolving in a more dominant style. Interesting to see when he has a run-out.
Last night, way exceeded my expectations. Equally, way too early to draw conclusions - but hey - what James has already given an insight into shows we are up and running. It's encouraging. Well done.

By Paulinbushey15/8/2018 18:41Wed Aug 15 18:41:05 2018In response to Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0Top of thread

Views: 2310

For a new team I was impressed,when the game started Walton back four could really pass the ball about,and there lone forward was extra quick.As the game progressed we started rising to the challenge.Lee chappals looks a born captain,and his throws are a weapon.howard hall looks top drawer as does the keeper (how long have we got him?).Griffith,German,look good, actually they all played so well.really v pleasantly surprised.I was so gutted when are whole squad left, Well doneJames Gray and staff.

By John Rogers15/8/2018 21:29Wed Aug 15 21:29:09 2018In response to Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0Top of thread

Views: 2271

I think Danny Boness is with us for a month. There be may be scope for that to possibly be extended but depends on the two clubs and player wanting to stay, of course.

Previous thread: Tonight by John Rogers14/8/2018 11:01Tue Aug 14 11:01:00 2018view thread