Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Luke by Rainham don5/8/2018 18:43Sun Aug 5 18:43:50 2018view thread

More evolution

By rwakeley5/8/2018 12:49Sun Aug 5 12:49:39 2018

Views: 9108

Darwin had a theory on evolution. Fraud! If he wants to have a crack at evolution he should come and manage Hendon! Sort that lot out! Timewaster spent his life collecting Butterflies! Our gaffer on the other hand, a keeper, a defender and a striker in the last 48 hours! That's evolution!
Personally, I have a theory that this league is characterized by combative midfield's and deliveries into the box. Both goals yesterday coming from each corner area. Ironically, I believe it's those area's on the role reversal which occupies my thoughts. The way Enfield over-lapped, akin to how Chaps pushed forward leaves wide-open spaces. I like him going forward, I was impressed with his crosses into their box. I would envisage opponents in this league throw balls into the box at every opportunity. Many from wide positions. Uxbridge got their crosses in.
Personnel latest thoughts - Custodian update an interesting development. The lad should change his last name to 'Bonus' - he may prove to be one. I had questions over the alternatives. I feel for the lad Junior is injured. We may well require another C/H. There wasn't a lot of creativity in the middle of the park. I worry about our experienced lads in Chaps and Howie stemming the flow of crosses coming in the box.
My own view, whilst continually trying to upgrade personnel, I do think the addition of some stereotypical midfielders would lift this side markedly. Looking at the team-sheet, I thought there was a case for the 3 midfielders on the bench actually starting. It's coming together at an electrifying pace. We get the final pieces in place the mood changes very quickly.
These lads are putting in a shift whatever quality issues the other teams may have, at the very least we will match their workrate. There's a bit of steel in these lads.
Keep going.

Edited by rwakeley at 12:50:51 on 5th August 2018

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Bookies' Odds... by Morgs30/7/2018 00:31Mon Jul 30 00:31:15 2018view thread