Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hampton's Dawn Raid by rwakeley8/6/2018 09:44Fri Jun 8 09:44:43 2018view thread

big Dave and Tingey

By Rainham don6/6/2018 22:17Wed Jun 6 22:17:18 2018

Views: 2409

Both join St Albans.If those 2 have left then we had better be prepared to be watching a completely new team next season.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: big Dave and Tingey

By embee6/6/2018 22:24Wed Jun 6 22:24:28 2018In response to big Dave and TingeyTop of thread

Views: 2357

H&R set to announce 9 new signings at the weekend too. This feels very ominous.

By richhend7/6/2018 11:31Thu Jun 7 11:31:48 2018In response to Re: big Dave and TingeyTop of thread

Views: 2274

Nine seems a large number.

For a side that just missed out on promotion you would have thought that it was a matter of fine tuning not major surgery

Does this mean that most of Hampton's team has followed Do swell to Woking?

By Hendonboy7/6/2018 16:24Thu Jun 7 16:24:54 2018In response to Re: big Dave and TingeyTop of thread

Views: 2233

I think there's been an expectation there that their side is likely to have broken up, yes - whether the majority go to Woking or elsewhere remains to be seen in many cases though.

By rwakeley7/6/2018 08:50Thu Jun 7 08:50:15 2018In response to Re: big Dave and TingeyTop of thread

Views: 2341

Longer-standing Hendon fans will recall mass shake-ups. I watched my local side Telford Utd in the 80's. The then unsackable manager left after a decade and the side dismantled quickly - I prefer it that way. Clean sheet and all that. Maybe difficult in the short period but I do believe a grande thrown in the water scenario is better than trying to refine something which has run its course.
As for all these players chasing the higher level. You can still only play eleven players. There's a constant churn of fringe players. St Albans have just signed Khale Da Costa. He's not been settled since leaving us. I recall the Stonesnet Forum having continual difficulty last season trying to keep up with squad personnel. Look how the fans questioned the latter stages and transition into their new management.
I'm confident of a reasonably quick evolution. Manage it right, move on players of whom get you past the initial transition and I maintain you can built a decent side reasonably quickly. Trying to manufacture around an existing infastructure, I maintain takes longer. Despite it's upheaval, the wholesale change we face in the immediate term, may well turn out to be beneficial in forming a solid foundation. I can't wait for the new season.

Re: big Dave and Tingey - the only other mass defection this century

By David B7/6/2018 12:45Thu Jun 7 12:45:07 2018In response to Re: big Dave and TingeyTop of thread

Views: 2645

When Dave Anderson left Hendon to join AFC Wimbledon in 2004, 13 players and management staff went with him (physio Mike Rayner was the only one who was still at the stadium at Kingsmeadow when AFC Wimbledon joined the Football League).

No less than 10 were involved when we the real Dons took on the AFC Dons in the FA Trophy in November 2004 and one of those who stayed, Eugene Ofori, opened the scoring before a Mark Nicholls double sealed a 3?0 Hendon win.

By Mike Cox7/6/2018 17:29Thu Jun 7 17:29:00 2018In response to Re: big Dave and Tingey - the only other mass defection this centuryTop of thread

Views: 2220

I know that these two departures are only the beginning of a probable exodus - just to say how really sorry I am to see Big Dave go. A great guy with a massive heart - thanks for all the pleasure you've given us over the years, Dave and all the very best of luck to you in the future.

By Claremont Man7/6/2018 17:57Thu Jun 7 17:57:41 2018In response to Re: big Dave and Tingey - the only other mass defection this centuryTop of thread

Views: 2330

Really sorry to see big Dave has gone,heartfelt thanks to him for a decade of loyalty and endeavour,one of our best ever clubmen.Realistically him and Luke won't be the last through the exit door and it will be interesting to see how many of our great entertainers of last season will start the new season at SJP. Don't know much about our new Manager,but he will need time to put his stamp on the side,so let's give him a fair chance and not get on his back,replacing the living legend that is Gary McCann is some task.

By John Rogers8/6/2018 09:15Fri Jun 8 09:15:41 2018In response to Re: big Dave and Tingey - the only other mass defection this centuryTop of thread

Views: 2163

In addition to those already announced as leaving, Hampton have signed Jake, Corcs, Casey and Daniel Uchechi.

Wish them all the very best of luck - every player that leaves the club to play in the National League South deserves their chance at a higher level. It's just such a shame it isn't in the Green of Hendon Football Club.

Previous thread: Plus ça change, plus la même chose (Or some things never change) by David B6/6/2018 18:26Wed Jun 6 18:26:31 2018view thread