Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Backroom staff by Rainham don31/5/2018 07:56Thu May 31 07:56:25 2018view thread

Hendon FC Goal of the Season Competition coming up

By johnnybaker28/5/2018 14:51Mon May 28 14:51:35 2018

Views: 1904

Look out in the next few days for our own Goal of the Season competition. There will be 14 goals to choose from via HFCTV. To support our 12th Man Fund, entry will be £5 and all proceeds will go to the fund. You will have to choose your top 5 goals in order, to win match-day boardroom hospitality for 4 people for a game next season. We are pleased that the person who has the final say on the top 5 is (always our own) Gary McCann. We hope that as many of you as possible can have a bit of fun choosing and debating whilst supporting our club. Full details coming up soon...

Edited by johnnybaker at 14:52:28 on 28th May 2018

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hendon FC Goal of the Season Competition coming up

By rwakeley28/5/2018 20:52Mon May 28 20:52:02 2018In response to Hendon FC Goal of the Season Competition coming upTop of thread

Views: 22464

Great stuff.
Not easy is it? From my perspective, it's comparable with trying to work out my best Madness concert or which woman to contact on one of those Eastern European dating sites! Can you really trust Albanian women?
That's a more relevant question.
Then there are goals not on the list. Josh's 3-1 goal at home to Worthing, his speed of thought. Dan Uchechi up at Sluff was truly sublime. Niko's role in the build-up. I enjoyed the last goal at home to Billers. They were all over the place. Shame their manager wasn't there to see it!
Enjoyable stuff.

Re: Hendon FC Goal of the Season Competition coming up

By rwakeley28/5/2018 21:37Mon May 28 21:37:11 2018In response to Re: Hendon FC Goal of the Season Competition coming upTop of thread

Views: 1897

This has gotten me thinking with regards to end of season awards you don't see. I think a Meltdown of the Year award is long overdue at a Presentation Night. With that in mind - here's my all-time top three Hendon meltdowns.
Number 1. I don't know if this is true but it sounds great. Back in the early 1970's Hendon played an FA Amateur Cup tie at Highgate, near Birmingham. During the game, one of our fans, (he still watches Hendon to this day), apparently went on the pitch and just kicked the goal-post in frustration and then calmly climbed back into the crowd behind the goal. What the hell possesses someone to do something like that you may ask?
Only another football fan can truly understand the underlying sentiment in this type of behaviour.
So Total Respect!
Number 2. Casey Mac being sent off at home v Folkestone.
Lying on the floor by the half-way line, Casey decides to pick himself up and run forty yards straight to their centre-half where he subsequently proceeds in kicking the snot out of him. It was a completely unjustified and unwarranted attack. And yet it was incredibly enjoyable to watch.
So Total Respect!
Number 3. Alex Barrett had a proper meltdown at Enfield one afternoon. His rant lasted the entire second half. At 0-4, he was going to tell Gary McCann exactly what he thought of it. At 0-5, there was no way he was going to go all the way to Canvey Island the following Tuesday. And at 0-6, he had completely lost it. He stormed off to the side of the ground where he paced up and down aggressively shouting into this phone and as I walked past him at the end of the match he was remonstrating with the floodlit pylon!
So Total Respect!
Love it!

Previous thread: Two Men In Search Of The Beautiful Game - Goal Of The Season 2017/18. PLEASE VOTE ON YOUTUBE, CLOSING DATE 20:00, 29/05/ by beautifulgame1528/5/2018 00:59Mon May 28 00:59:07 2018view thread