Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Saturday v Mertsham by grippers going to get you18/4/2018 23:48Wed Apr 18 23:48:25 2018view thread

Staines v Hendon live stream

By johnnybaker17/4/2018 19:46Tue Apr 17 19:46:04 2018

Views: 2631

For those that can't make it tonight you can watch the live stream here - https://www.facebook.com/MiddlesexFA/videos/1009992515833102/

reply to this article | return to the front page

Fantastic win

By johnnybaker17/4/2018 22:41Tue Apr 17 22:41:08 2018In response to Staines v Hendon live streamTop of thread

Views: 2273

A brilliant win on pens tonight. Tom was a hero throughout. A cup to show for our efforts this season. There may be more to come... COYG!

Re: Fantastic win

By dw17/4/2018 23:14Tue Apr 17 23:14:08 2018In response to Fantastic winTop of thread

Views: 2325

Amazing performance by Tom Lovelock. I have to say that the performance demonstrated that Gary has such a very strong squad. To dominate midfield for most of the match against Staines shows that especially on end of season grass pitches, we can switch personnel and benefit! The score may have been 0-0, but it was a thoroughly entertaining match.

Edited by dw at 23:15:00 on 17th April 2018

By saintetienne18/4/2018 04:58Wed Apr 18 04:58:05 2018In response to Re: Fantastic winTop of thread

Views: 2315

Agree Great win and a good stream (in the begining and the whole second half).
A "little" shame that the streamed stopped at 3-3 in the penalties shot-out.
Hope for more Hendon streams in the future.

By John Rogers18/4/2018 09:15Wed Apr 18 09:15:26 2018In response to Re: Fantastic winTop of thread

Views: 2313

A very tight game with little to choose between the two sides for the better part of the ninety minutes. Tom's triple save is as good as anything I've seen, he had no right to make the second two blocks, simply outstanding. After that it was perhaps fitting that he made the only save in the spot kick shoot-out - otherwise the quality of the penalties was befitting of a cup-final.

I thought we dealt with the physical threat that Staines possess very well - they have some absolute giants in their line-up. Jake Eggleton had his best game in midfield that I've seen and I thought the back four dealt pretty well with the pacy front three of Staines.

Delighted for the management and players that they have something to show for their efforts this season. Hopefully that can be the first part of a double - some absolutely monumental matches to come now.

great goalkeeping

By David B18/4/2018 13:15Wed Apr 18 13:15:32 2018In response to Re: Fantastic winTop of thread

Views: 2254

Not the greatest cup final you will ever see, but much better than Hendon?s last two Middlesex Senior Cup finals. Neither team did enough to really win the match in normal time and I was delighted that there was no extra-time before the penalty shoot-out.

The most experienced player among all of the penalty-takers was the one who failed to deliver after nine excellent kicks.

Tom?s triple save reminded of the Robert Dyas League Cup final at Whyteleafe when Ben McNamara made a stunning double save right at the end.

Tom and Ben are very different types of goalkeeper, but both have been Hendon heroes in recent cup finals.

Funnily enough when they played against each other two months ago, the thing that struck me were their kits. Tom wore fluorescent orange and Ben was in shocking pink and my thought was, ?what would Ted Hardy have made of the goalies? colours?!

Dawn of new era

By rwakeley18/4/2018 18:36Wed Apr 18 18:36:17 2018In response to great goalkeepingTop of thread

Views: 2211

Well whatever manifests in the next week or so everybody should be supremely proud of their efforts. Bigger picture. We keep hold of most of these lads and whatever league we find ourselves in will see us prosper. There is a positive energy, finally we are in growth mode. Thought the lads Arthur and Rian were exceptional. Tom does what now is generally accepted as the norm. For me, the MoM was Jake. Fantastic work-rate, challenges. Hardly gave away a free-kick.
Some footnotes:- Apparently, much to my chagrin, pubs in Paddington stop serving at 11. We were still thirsty.
Even 'Beer Monster Barrett' disliked the Tangerine bitter from Brewdog. The Barmaid was correct. It did taste like soap. Transpires the reviews for pubs on beerinthevening with regards to West Drayton were not only very amusing but also very accurate.
I reckon that trophy would make a nice planter in the Chairman's garden. I'm thinking bergonias.
A woman hugged me on The Tube this morning for simply wearing an old Flamengo shirt. Clearly confusing Zico with the modern day equivalent Niko! Confirming South American's know nothing about football.
Finally spoke to a fan, (I think he said his name was Malc or Merv - something like that). Used to see him every week at Vale Farm. He relocated, and I've seen him at every night game I've been to. Smashing bloke - followed Hendon from the 1960's. He lives in Newcastle!
This club is unique - it's fans are a tad potty! Sometimes it helps. Well done to the lads and in particular to Gary and his staff.
Let's go Saturday.

Edited by rwakeley at 18:38:45 on 18th April 2018

Previous thread: Doing it the hard way by Mike Cox14/4/2018 16:01Sat Apr 14 16:01:23 2018view thread