Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Staines v Hendon live stream by johnnybaker17/4/2018 19:46Tue Apr 17 19:46:04 2018view thread

Doing it the hard way

By Mike Cox14/4/2018 16:01Sat Apr 14 16:01:23 2018

Views: 2241

Down to 10 men again - Casey yet again but at least not a straight red this time.
We have injury problems galore this season and all these cards of whatever colour do not help our cause.
Get yourselves together Greens for a final (fair) push.
COYG

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Doing it the hard way

By Mike Cox14/4/2018 17:03Sat Apr 14 17:03:39 2018In response to Doing it the hard wayTop of thread

Views: 2543

Well done the 10 in holding on for a point. Must be truly exhausting for you guys - hope you can somehow keep going. Next task Staines in MSC - all the best.

By Hendonboy14/4/2018 17:53Sat Apr 14 17:53:08 2018In response to Re: Doing it the hard wayTop of thread

Views: 2129

Keeping pace with the others around us, which is all we can ask at this stage of the session. What's going to keep things interesting is there doesn't appear to be a form side going into the playoffs at the moment as everyone's dropping points

By rwakeley14/4/2018 23:43Sat Apr 14 23:43:24 2018In response to Re: Doing it the hard wayTop of thread

Views: 2190

I know some saw Wingate as two dropped points - I thought today equally if not more so, despite our obvious impediments. I thought the K's were pretty poor, offered little resistance and hardly posed a threat. Benefit of hindsight and all that, I do think Gary now has some decisions to make - and actually given the fact we our next game is not league related may well prove a blessing.
I want to win the cup period, but let's not kid ourselves both teams priorities lie elsewhere and Staines play again Thursday. I do think Tuesday offers the Gaffer a chance to look at things. I believe he may have a possible conundrum between fresh legs and preferred candidates. The possible re-introduction of Murphs. Maybe Corcs and Keagan due a run out? We've missed these lads attributes. The spot-light is placed on the midfield.
We lack impetus and the games are taking its toll. It's also possible we may yet another clash with Staines in the future.
I maintain Tuesday night becomes more significant for us than may have been envisaged. I think it's an opportunity for the lads to regain some cohesion.
Keep at it lads.

By SteveHFC15/4/2018 13:17Sun Apr 15 13:17:50 2018In response to Re: Doing it the hard wayTop of thread

Views: 2112

I won't be at all surprised if Gary makes changes for the cup final - we're not going to be weakening the side if we give Sam, Keagan, Corcs, Dan and anyone else some minutes. That, for me, has been one of the plusses this season - we've not got a core XI, we have, when fit and available, probably 17 or 18 players who are all worth a spot in the starting XI.

As for yesterday, I'm writing the red card off as one of those things. One yellow for a mistimed challenge, and one for a moment of aberration when he handled the ball when attacking a corner. The fact it was Casey was unfortunate, but for me its just what can happen in football.

The performance yesterday after Casey left the field was superb - utter determination not to concede and ensure we got at least a point, and as the game went on I felt we were more likely to nick a goal and all three points. A draw was the fair result, but we really made Kingstonian work hard.

I'm not going to tire of saying this, but this group of players simply don't know when they are beaten and the performances continue to be of a maturity way beyond their years.

Previous thread: Final Run In by HendonJohn15/4/2018 11:21Sun Apr 15 11:21:46 2018view thread