Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Three 'massive' games by rwakeley14/3/2018 13:33Wed Mar 14 13:33:20 2018view thread

Some stiff tests of late

By rwakeley11/3/2018 00:05Sun Mar 11 00:05:13 2018

Views: 2289

First observation today - the names of those on the bench. Now unbeaten in six and during those games the team line-ups have changed drastically from game to game. We've gone the distance with Barnet, Leiston and Margate. Not surprisingly, I feel some fluidity and creativity has had to be sacrificed and compensated for graft. The sheer number of petty fouls today, systematic of an un-settled team not quite at full throttle.
Regrettably for us on the day, I thought that played into their hands. Tom saved us a point and has done so on occasions of late aided by his defence. I maintain Arthur and Rian have been immense. They've had to cope with the lad Reed and a rather unconventional Chiedozie, both left and right backs equally had their work cut out.
The timely return of Matt Ball could prove significant. We need more mobility. Both teams today suffered restricted options. When we've carried the ball forward, again Arthur showing the way, we've been more flexible.
You probably have to go back to year-end at Harlow to see a traditional looking line-up. The lads have done a remarkable job filling in. If those lads on the bench are coming back into the fray then we have more capabilities as the games arise. The timing could be exquisite.
Well done one and all.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Some stiff tests of late

By Deadman12/3/2018 10:10Mon Mar 12 10:10:32 2018In response to Some stiff tests of lateTop of thread

Views: 2289

I thought it was a pretty grim game to watch but accept we were up against a very decent and tenacious defence.

Our midfield was set up for a battle but we were often out-tackled in there. I'd like to see Big Dave back in the team. I think we miss his ability to break play up and I think his all-round game has come on this season. We also miss his important goals.

At least, with Corcoran, Big Dave, Matt Ball and Dan Uchechi back on the bench, things are looking brighter.

The biggest plus though for me, is the return of Tom Lovelock. I can't help thinking, with anyone else in goal, we'd have lost that game on Saturday.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: The Gaffer's Recruitment by rwakeley4/3/2018 17:35Sun Mar 4 17:35:12 2018view thread