Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerYesterday 16:10Yesterday at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Some stiff tests of late by rwakeley11/3/2018 00:05Sun Mar 11 00:05:13 2018view thread

The Gaffer's Recruitment

By rwakeley4/3/2018 17:35Sun Mar 4 17:35:12 2018

Views: 2569

Still bashing the FWP drum. I find it fascinating. Just for larks, I noted that Billericay's loss yesterday cost them a mere 11 points on their latest revised final table! This for me is the most challenging and fascinating play-off contest. Every point contested and vital. Dulwich in a rut have just signed one Corey Addai on loan. Onto Crown Meadow. In the unlikely event of it being on, my thoughts drift as to the events off the field and as to if that a further fixture down the road may actually be beneficial. Their forum is worth a read, (to excuse the pun)! I like the lad. But they have only one win this year and as with Dulwich, the question remains if off the field events cast shadows on it. I hate to see clubs struggle - but we have our own objectives and capitalising on others misfortune is part of life. I've always admired Lowestoft's work ethic - and the lad Reed. Hope they pull through any problems they may have. Then Margate - the leagues highest marksman (for now at least) and 15 clean sheets!
Looking at the league stats - one thing stood out. Our centre-backs have been ever-present. The lad Bray. Often over-looked, but that partnership!. Those lads have been immense and at the very heart of our achievements. All under-pinned by some very astute pre-season foundations.
Let the games begin!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Lowestoft

By rwakeley5/3/2018 17:12Mon Mar 5 17:12:18 2018In response to The Gaffer's RecruitmentTop of thread

Views: 2338

I've been in two minds about as to if I want to face Lowestoft tomorrow night or would wait for further down the road. Traditionally, I don't like back-to-back games against the same sides - and Lowestoft is a damn daunting place. Ironically, as it transpires Leiston have just confirmed the signing of the Lowestoft marksman Reed.
It is utterly depressing that we have 3 clubs in our division in such a predicament. My main thought has been with regard to the preferable time for the fixture. Tomorrow, our first game back, in what may resemble a bog, the conditions, despite another fixture suspension, played later maybe in conditions which better suit our style.
Timing is the key. Weighing up the options, a delay may give us a better shot. Maybe over-thinking on my part.
Our fixture list is busy but the schedule is probably no worse than any rival. A week to prepare mentally and physically for the run-in.
Talking to some Lowestoft fans recently they all seemed in unison at the notion of a return to a midlands based environment come the end of the season - their manager in a recent interview suggested otherwise. Personally, for the record, I don't want the Southern/Western option - I have obvious reasons. They are a decent bunch with one hell of a struggle. I wish them all the very best, but I'm a Green who wants three points!
Thoughts are however, at least in part, with Lowestoft, Thurrock and Dulwich.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: March Madness! by rwakeley25/2/2018 12:32Sun Feb 25 12:32:58 2018view thread