Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: There are games you have to win by rwakeley4/2/2018 02:24Sun Feb 4 02:24:29 2018view thread

Thoughts

By SteveHFC30/1/2018 23:29Tue Jan 30 23:29:53 2018

Views: 2536

We've lost our way a bit, but personally I was expecting this to happen at some point this season given the number of youngsters we have in the squad. I'm not going to point fingers at any individuals - those who made costly errors over the past few games know who they are.

In my opinion we can't change what's happened in the league this month - but we can do our best to get back to winning ways through the next three months. There's still 18 league games to go - 54 points up for grabs. I reckon 10 or 11 wins (or 30-33 points) will secure a play-off spot. That's entirely attainable. Here's to a win at Burgess Hill on Saturday.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Thoughts

By David B31/1/2018 13:33Wed Jan 31 13:33:21 2018In response to ThoughtsTop of thread

Views: 2490

Completely agree with you Steve. We rather got away with it on Saturday, but our luck had to run out. Maybe earlier in the season, someone would have got a touch to the ball when their defence made a hash of the backpass after 15 minutes.

The only consolation was the privilege of watching another absolutely outstanding Hendon goal, Ashley?s run and shot last night was very special which, by my calculations, makes it three clear candidates for goal of the season: Niko?s against Thurrock, Zak?s against Folkestone and Ashley?s against Leatherhead.

By dw3/2/2018 20:47Sat Feb 3 20:47:16 2018In response to Re: ThoughtsTop of thread

Views: 2242

I have to say that though not listed amongst the greatest goals this season, David B, that Niko?s astonishing goal against Brightlingsea at home in December was far and away better not only than any other goal this season but possibly any goal in any season. I can only judge goals I have seen live, and regret missing out on others, but I know that I am not alone in my opinion! It?s simply the luck of capturing that moment and being there!

By rwakeley31/1/2018 17:09Wed Jan 31 17:09:09 2018In response to Re: ThoughtsTop of thread

Views: 2314

From yours truly - The F Word - Fatigue. Our style, our never say die approach,a trip to sunny Suffolk. Saturday, I thought our first genuine attempt at higher tempo was when we netted our first. Physically looked beyond leggy and unable to compete. As frustrating as it was, almost inevitable and completely understandable. The game looked lost from the very start. Credit to Leatherhead, worked very hard and put the game away. The goals we let in had a tired look about them. No criticism, the lads have earned some slack. Very impressed with their number 8. skilful and work-rate.
I chose to attend last night over Leiston. The Tanners, for me represent far better the type of teams coming up. Left backs over the halfway line kinda sides. Tough games.
Still in good shape, fitness all-round can only improve and (some) players must be due back.
No concerns, keep plodding away. We go again.

Previous thread: Hendon v Folkestone by johnnybaker28/1/2018 10:53Sun Jan 28 10:53:27 2018view thread