Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hendon v Kings Langley by johnnybaker29/10/2017 18:08Sun Oct 29 18:08:46 2017view thread

Kingstonian

By PF4/11/2017 20:04Sat Nov 4 20:04:05 2017

Views: 2951

My first home match in a while and it sadly resulted in a first home loss of the season. I had a feeling we?d lose today and it?s probably not that bad a thing to lose the record finally.

Very well played by Kingstonian throughout. I don?t think we could really handle their incisive breaks at all. They came at us at pace and it was just too hot to handle.

However I actually thought we played quite well and had real control at 1-1 early in the second half and we just lacked a little cutting edge in front of goal. Credit to the lads and we should have made it 2-2 before another lightning quick K?s break finished us off. Even then we never gave up and Niko should have struck.

A disjointed performance but one with a lot of positives for me. We tried hard but came up against an inspired outfit and they got their tactics spot on. I give the K?s a lot of credit for today. Well done chaps. Greens fans will take this on the chin and move on.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Kingstonian

By SteveHFC5/11/2017 08:15Sun Nov 5 08:15:59 2017In response to Kingstonian Top of thread

Views: 2798

Can't add much to that. I also thought Kingstonian got it absolutely spot on despite fielding three or four debutants. They'd been a bit clever and not announced their new signings before the game, so we were none the wiser until we got their line up.

No complaints from me about our effort - we kept going for the full 90 minutes, and I think we all knew a home defeat was going to happen at some point.

Important thing now is that we bounce back and continue to progress in at least some of the cup competitions. Be good to get a decent run in the FA Trophy, and a run in at least one of the minor cups.

By John Rogers5/11/2017 10:28Sun Nov 5 10:28:05 2017In response to Re: Kingstonian Top of thread

Views: 2831

Agreed with the above. That's probably the first game I've seen where I thought we were beaten by the better side on the day. Kingstonian were excellent and had three or four players give 8 or 9 out of ten performances. Their number 9, Tom Derry, gave a masterclass in being a targetman and number 10, all in one.

We didn't really come close to winning the midfield battle yesterday, I thought, even when we were in control of the game between equalising and going 2-1 behind.

I was very impressed with Zak and Niko yesterday, considering they were up against two of the best opponents in Musungu and Vilcu they're likely to - Zak was hugely unfortunate when he hit the post and his cut-back for Niko's goal was excellent as well.

All in all, two good sides, theirs were just a little better than ours on the day.

Nice to see fans travelling in number from an opponent, that flag they had behind the goal second half was quite something to behold!

Very good gate as well pushing 300 - I hope having the youth teams engaged on matchdays can continue throughout the season, we really need to be bringing them as close to the first team as we can as often as we can to really build something sustainable.

One we have to take on the chin. Disappointed, but not downhearted.

Onto Tuesday.

By rwakeley5/11/2017 11:23Sun Nov 5 11:23:54 2017In response to Re: Kingstonian Top of thread

Views: 2763

Bad head, self inflicted, need trophy win to feel better. Very impressive performance from the K's. Numbers 7&8 top notch. Despite going undefeated of late we are way off our 'A' game. We can't deny we lack bite in the middle and yesterday our faults were exposed. We lost all the physical confrontations. 10 wins 6 losses is it now? There's something going on here bigger picture rather than just yesterday. It could be deceiving. I don't slate individuals, I don't think that's appropriate but I do have question marks over one or two.
Our style of play warrants everybody to function, even the comparisons in the keepers distribution yesterday was tangible. We need an injection boost weather something coming back or something fresh. Comfortably defeating teams maybe masking weaknesses. The first home loss mantra maybe making the waters somewhat murky. I do think it is somewhat difficult to draw conclusions at present. Hardly a crisis by any stretch of the imagination - but it is feeling uncomfortable. Mercury is in retrograde kinda feel - our stars appear to be going backwards when there not. Like my hangover it will blow over.

Previous thread: Hendon v Kings Langley by lesskinner30/10/2017 16:24Mon Oct 30 16:24:38 2017view thread