Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Travel & Admission for Billericay by SteveHFC1/10/2017 17:12Sun Oct 1 17:12:25 2017view thread

Tooting win.

By dw1/10/2017 00:09Sun Oct 1 00:09:40 2017

Views: 2350

21 points before the end of September is an incredible achievement. Last season sprang into life late on and thankfully, despite a few departures, the squad now appears to be even stronger.

Today we were beneficiaries of an opposition red card to some extent, but we took full advantage after half time. As to the sending off my line of vision was too poor to make any judgement, but it would appear from hearing and reading opinions on the incident, that a yellow might have sufficed, but the referee seemed to be well placed and had little hesitation.

This Hendon squad are now looking very comfortable on the surface at Silver Jubilee. 17 goals for and none against at home in 5 league matches is an impressive statistic!

Edited by dw at 00:11:04 on 1st October 2017

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Tooting win.

By rwakeley1/10/2017 02:37Sun Oct 1 02:37:16 2017In response to Tooting win.Top of thread

Views: 2267

I'm not 100 per cent convinced. I have some inherent misgivings. In particular the midfield. The lad Corcoran, I thought today was sublime. Distribution sound, won the majority of the airial stuff. All round improvement.
The right and left backs for me are way to high. Better running onto a position than already lying in wait
I'm not wholly convinced we are designed for full all-round superiority. That may appear harsh given our apparent dominance and given the fact we went to Dulwich and won.
Weather we have experienced the right kinds of test will be determined in the next week. An interesting seven days lies in wait, it will probably give some insight into the overall strength of our league and our own credentials.
An insightful period.

Re: Tooting win.

By David B1/10/2017 14:18Sun Oct 1 14:18:50 2017In response to Re: Tooting win.Top of thread

Views: 2237

Yesterday afternoon was very strange because I thought Tooting were like we were last season. To answer a question a couple of people asked me yesterday, we got to 22 points with a win at Bognor Regis Town on 26 November.

Tooting looked fragile mentally and defensively, and left their one striker, Omar Folkes, totally isolated up front. When Billy Dunn was on loan with us eight years ago, he was an out and out striker, but yesterday he played behind Folkes and ended up at left wing-back after all the substitutions had been made.

Once we got our first goal, I was confident we would get many more. It certainly helped that we played against 10 men for more than an hour, but that was Tooting's fifth this season ? we have had just one.

On the subject of the red card, I think it was very harsh. However, in modern football a foot making contact ? studs showing ? at that sort of height is a dismissal. I don?t like it because players who make an honest attempt to play the ball but are undone by a bad bounce should not be sanctioned for it.

Still 21 points from 10 games is something I certainly didn?t expect and if we had converted our spot-kicks ...

Previous thread: HFCST Quiz Night - Saturday 28th October by HendonFC Website Team29/9/2017 19:17Fri Sep 29 19:17:27 2017view thread