Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Info for those travelling by train to Billericay by SteveHFC22/9/2017 14:02Fri Sep 22 14:02:35 2017view thread

Cheap Train Travel to Folkestone!

By jimsredwhiteandgreen20/9/2017 22:27Wed Sep 20 22:27:58 2017

Views: 2451

Dear All,

For those not going on the coach grab yourself an excellent bargain and follow the Greens to the coast this saturday and get there in 50 minutes!

Came across a fantastic offer for £10 adults and £5 kids promo day return to Folkestone from St Pancras.

All the details are here :
https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/destinations-and-offers/hidden-gems/summer-hidden-gems?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=summer&utm_content=broadstairs

The ticket is an open ticket although you have to select a train time by default but you can travel on any. You have to book by 6pm friday and either buy over the counter or book online and pick up from your local station on the day from the machine.

The weather looks decent for saturday and our team look decent so please spread the word and hope for a very decent turn out at Folkestone. Please add to the website or help tweet. But promo tickets are limited so be quick!

See you all saturday.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Cheap Train Travel to Folkestone!

By alanr21/9/2017 18:58Thu Sep 21 18:58:20 2017In response to Cheap Train Travel to Folkestone!Top of thread

Views: 2332

That's a good spot, shame i brought my ticket last week :(

Public transport is a joke

By rwakeley21/9/2017 11:40Thu Sep 21 11:40:53 2017In response to Cheap Train Travel to Folkestone!Top of thread

Views: 2327

Great find! - I wasn't going but now I've booked. Finally a small break. I need things to run smoothly. It took Alex B. and I over 2 hours to get from Thames Ditton to Waterloo the other week. Trains cancelled again on the way down. We stood on a motionless train for an hour. To say I'm reluctant is an under-statement. I've even pre-booked for Telford to Euston on the Worthing game, which becomes a write-off if played at Bognor! That pre-dated the pitch problems. That becomes a day at home. Three weeks ago my trains were delayed by 90 minutes. Delays and missed connections virtually every week this season. The trains have been a complete disgrace of late. It's getting worse.
A Japanese firm takes over my local line next year promising 4 trains an hour from Wales to Birmingham New Street. Part of the track is single line and that floods in the winter at Machynlleth. Nice town. No chance.
My local bus firm Arriva have just slimmed down the services. No longer can I get the first bus to the train station, so that's an extra taxi most weeks.
"Down in the Tube Station at mid-night, the wine will be flat and the curry's gone cold" Great lyric.
I'm hoping I don't end up in The Jam!
Thanks for the information - it is appreciated.

Re: Public transport is a joke

By Hendonboy21/9/2017 12:36Thu Sep 21 12:36:43 2017In response to Public transport is a jokeTop of thread

Views: 2351

Keep your eyes on progress at Worthing - they're currently hopeful of playing at home on the 14th (a week before our visit), although they need to see how the remedial work progresses before being too confident about it.

Previous thread: I've just broke the sound barrier! by rwakeley12/9/2017 21:56Tue Sep 12 21:56:47 2017view thread