Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Brightlingsea v Hendon by Rainham don26/8/2017 21:35Sat Aug 26 21:35:40 2017view thread

That's put me in a right foul mood!

By rwakeley26/8/2017 17:02Sat Aug 26 17:02:33 2017

Views: 2281

If I was the manager I would be apoplectic. Three missed pens in a month. Thrown away a winning position.
Why we struggle to find players who can take a spot kick is illogical. Every damn cup shoot-out we struggle to hit more than three out of five. Niko's at VCD was a back-pass. Today he over-compensates. Some players clearly lack mental strength - its lackadaisical.
That is a kick up the arse. Maybe some good will come out of it.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Now for some mumbo jumbo

By rwakeley26/8/2017 18:22Sat Aug 26 18:22:41 2017In response to That's put me in a right foul mood!Top of thread

Views: 2182

On Saturday's away from the match action I often do some number crunching - with Monday in view.
Four North London foes, Hendon, Enfield, Wingate and Harrow have each now had 5 full seasons on rivalry.
In a mini-league context, Enfield lead the way with an impressive 60% win rate versus an overall win rate of 42% for all league matches (226 games in total).
Next up Wingate, 53% win rate versus 38% overall. Harrow's is 27% correlated to an overall 31%
Both Harrow and Hendon have yet to win at Enfield. Harrow have this season won at Wingate following 5 straight losses. Enfield are top dog.
Hendon have won 8, lost 16 out of 30 games giving a win rate identical to Harrow. Our overall win rate is 40%.
Ironically, out of all the clubs, Hendon have amassed the most points in the five seasons overall campaigns due to drawn matches.
With 18 points up for grabs locally each season, we average 6 a season over each campaign. Our highest total was a relatively paltry 10 points the year we reached the play-offs.
Our average total points accumulation is 66 points - 77 is the average to hit the play-offs. Being bottom of our local league suggests to me that should we do well in our manor then this bodes very well for our overall position.
I know this is all somewhat ambigious, Enfield amassed a maximum 18 points in 2012 and finished 16th!
As for Bank Holiday Monday derby matches, in five years, we have only two wins - both in our play-off season!
Some thought provoking stuff - We have under-performed locally - huge scope for improvement - if there's a conceivable additional ten points in circulation, it does make a difference.
Arsene Wenger loves his derby game theory - It's time we took over the mantle of top dog in North London.

Re: Now for some mumbo jumbo

By SteveHFC26/8/2017 20:24Sat Aug 26 20:24:23 2017In response to Now for some mumbo jumboTop of thread

Views: 2229

Agree entirely on the penalties - we have far too many which aren't even on target, or don't have enough power in them, which for me is inexcusable. If the keeper makes a good save, then fair enough.

On the balance of play, we didn't deserve to lose, a draw would have been a fair result in my opinion - however, we have got to take our chances when they come along because, as happened today and as happened at Tonbridge a fortnight ago, we'll be punished if we don't.

Good to see Casey back in action, and also Michael Corcoran in action for the first time.

Previous thread: In Dublin's Fair City - New HFC Fanzine by John Rogers17/8/2017 19:31Thu Aug 17 19:31:52 2017view thread