Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: That's put me in a right foul mood! by rwakeley26/8/2017 17:02Sat Aug 26 17:02:33 2017view thread

In Dublin's Fair City - New HFC Fanzine

By John Rogers17/8/2017 19:31Thu Aug 17 19:31:52 2017

Views: 2544

I was going to promote this on Twitter, but it seems I broke their rules with my single post and have been suspended - amazing when you consider what some other Bostikians get away with isn't it!? *Tut* *Rolls eyes*

Anyway, that's by the by.

I wanted to give a little notice about a project I've been working on for the last month - a new printed fanzine called In Dublin's Fair City, primarily about Hendon Football Club, but also with some articles of interest (I hope) about the Non-League game in general.

I'm currently putting the finishing touches to the final few pieces, and once all is said and done (written and printed), I'm expecting it to run to about 72 pages.

The intention is to produce at least three editions this season - assuming there is enough interest in it - with all proceeds going back to the Football Club in one form or another.

In the first edition you can read about:

A review of 2016/7 in 9 parts (quite the symphony)
A guide to our league opponents this season
A guide to the squad
Premier League Quality - a look back at the great and the gross that graced the top-level and went onto greater things at Hendon over the past 20 years or so
Some braintickling quiz questions
Some fond memories of Mavuto Sakala's time with the club
A look at Worcester City's recent history that saved Harrow Borough from relegation
A piece on the extension of the National League Play-Off Format to take in 6 sides as of this season
Some brief reports on the matches so far this season
And maybe something else I haven't thought of yet.

All being well, the first editions will be available at Brightlingsea Regent - however, the latest they will be available will be at the Bank Holiday fixture with Harrow Borough.

I am going to ask for £2 per copy - partly to reflect the time and effort that will have gone into producing it and partly to hopefully add a few more quid into the club's coffers.

If you have any questions / would like to contribute articles or ideas for articles for future editions, please email idfc1908@gmail.com

Thanks,

John

EDIT - I'll look for a way to send copies out by post to fans further flung, should there be a demand. Just drop me an email if you're interested!

Edited by John Rogers at 20:13:20 on 17th August 2017

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: In Dublin's Fair City - New HFC Fanzine

By WillesdenGreen23/8/2017 15:18Wed Aug 23 15:18:16 2017In response to In Dublin's Fair City - New HFC FanzineTop of thread

Views: 2346

Will very much be interested in reading this.

Looking forward to buying a copy Monday which will hopefully be a top of the table clash :)

By John Rogers23/8/2017 13:02Wed Aug 23 13:02:29 2017In response to In Dublin's Fair City - New HFC FanzineTop of thread

Views: 2275

Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive in this venture.

The first finalised copy flew (crawled) off the presses this morning. I will have 6-10 copies with me at Brightlingsea, more at Harrow and will send postal copies out in the next few days.

Mike and Dorset Don, if you could email me on idfc1908@gmail.com with your postal addresses, I'll add you to the distribution list.

Many thanks,

John

By Dorset Don18/8/2017 09:26Fri Aug 18 09:26:35 2017In response to In Dublin's Fair City - New HFC FanzineTop of thread

Views: 2379

Let me know when its out John. Id be happy to semd you the money and an SAE for the postage. Look forward to reading it!

By Mike Cox18/8/2017 15:07Fri Aug 18 15:07:30 2017In response to Re: In Dublin's Fair City - New HFC FanzineTop of thread

Views: 2350

John
As my attendance at games is problematic at best, I too would appreciate receiving by post.
Good luck with the venture

Previous thread: Supporters Team relaunch and walking football challange match by nickhfc23/8/2017 00:08Wed Aug 23 00:08:15 2017view thread