ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Free Admission at Sudbury by Colchester DonToday 19:50Today at 19:50:30view thread

Oldest article: Awards Night by HendonJohn5/5/2013 19:04Sun May 5 19:04:40 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Free Admission at Sudbury by Colchester DonToday 19:50Today at 19:50:30view thread

Towie's Mark Wright to invest in Billericay!!

By PF20/3 15:16Mon Mar 20 15:16:27 2017

Views: 246

Someone has to pay Konchesky's wages!

From BBC:

"Guy who was on TOWIE might invest in non-league club
Posted at 15:02

We discussed salt bae earlier (14:29 GMT) and now it's The Only Way is Essex.

The chairman of non-league Billericay Town has confirmed "there is truth" in reports that former TOWIE (that's short for The Only Way is Essex, yeah?) personality (?) Mark Wright is set to invest in the club.

Dan Groves said the "finer points" of a deal which could see Wright, who played for Rushden & Diamonds as well as his TV work, buy 20% of the Blues are yet to be released.

The Isthmian League Premier Division club were recently taken over by multi-millionaire Glenn Tamplin. "

Let's hope we stay up and play them again next season. Everyone's gonna wanna beat them that's for sure. They'll probably have chucked a load more cash around by then too haha!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Towie's Mark Wright to invest in Billericay!!

By SteveHFC20/3 17:57Mon Mar 20 17:57:24 2017In response to Towie's Mark Wright to invest in Billericay!!Top of thread

Views: 193

I wonder how soon this one will go pop! We've seen it before, and we'll see it again - boom and bust.

By rwakeley20/3 18:21Mon Mar 20 18:21:15 2017In response to Re: Towie's Mark Wright to invest in Billericay!!Top of thread

Views: 184

I know I can go off on complete tangents, so about this for an unusual indicator. I was amazed at the toilets at their place. I went for a leak at half-time, I thought I'd entered a cheap, tacky nightclub. The door opposite, presumably to the directors lodgings or something or other had a similar affectation. It just looked gaudy and completely over-board. It's not jealousy in the slightest.
We may have left the place pointless, but long-term like others, I feel for the club and it's fans. AFC Billericay anybody! I would be seriously alarmed at the characteristics on display.
Great news on Hammond, finally a functioning right-back. Good news, our defence is increasingly robust. We have a damn solid keeper as well. Bodes well.

By SteveHFC20/3 18:30Mon Mar 20 18:30:51 2017In response to Re: Towie's Mark Wright to invest in Billericay!!Top of thread

Views: 178

Agree on the toilets at Ricay - very nice, but felt very out of place!

Also agree re. Hammond - he's been very good in the games I've seen.

By John RogersYesterday 11:36Yesterday at 11:36:04In response to Re: Towie's Mark Wright to invest in Billericay!!Top of thread

Views: 119

Rumour has it that Jamie O'Hara and Carlton Cole are the latest to board the SS 'Ricay.

By John RogersToday 09:20Today at 09:20:52In response to Re: Towie's Mark Wright to invest in Billericay!!Top of thread

Views: 97

O'Hara was confirmed last night, they also confirmed the signing of Jake Robinson from Hemel for a reputed £24,000. Confirmed that their weekly wage bill is now £20k per week and that they need crowds of 1500 to 'sustain' that.

Aside from the fact that 1500 crowds probably won't bring in much more than £10-12k per home game (unless they are going to charge £20 next season) some of those figures make Margate of two seasons ago look distinctly well-run.

I know we are in the mother of all struggles for our Premier Division survival this season but I would much rather the way Hendon are run, without debt and without ego, than be party to a circus like this!

By richhendToday 14:19Today at 14:19:18In response to Re: Towie's Mark Wright to invest in Billericay!!Top of thread

Views: 63

This looks like a rerun of the Hornchurch and Weymouth sagas. Presumably the next announcement will be that they are going full-time. Good luck to them if they can pull it off.

I seem to remember that the Margate bloke fairly early on made a statement about what a good catchment area Thanet was for pulling in crowds. Not sure that the locals ever materialised in sufficient numbers to support the expenditure and you wonder if the Billericay folks will be that supportive.

I seem to recall Billericay got fairly large crowds during their Vase winning days but even a successfull club like Dagenham seem unable to pull in regular crowds of 1,500+.

Previous thread: Clutching at straws? by rwakeleyYesterday 13:36Yesterday at 13:36:31view thread