Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Bognor by PF7/2/2017 12:17Tue Feb 7 12:17:12 2017view thread

Grays

By PF4/2/2017 13:36Sat Feb 4 13:36:44 2017

Views: 3088

Well if we don't win today I'm throwing the towel in. Granted it could all be irrelevant if the team is deducted points but until that's confirmed there's still a very small hope of survival.

Grays have seemingly turned to complete shite since spanking us. Maybe their morale is completely destroyed like ours. This therefore gives me a little hope for today. I've even wasted a fiver on Hendon to win and both teams to score. That's us jinxed!

Let's see what today brings and let's hope some luck comes our way for once.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Grays

By SteveHFC4/2/2017 14:46Sat Feb 4 14:46:47 2017In response to GraysTop of thread

Views: 3066

Not sure where this idea that we might be deducted points has come from - there's certainly no precedent for it that I'm aware of. When Wingate caused a game to be abandoned when they had 5 sent off a couple of years ago, they weren't deducted points - just forfeited the game and fined.

As for today - it clearly is a must win - but having seen the line up we look very light defensively - no Gordon (injured last week), no Brathwaite (wonder if the Aveley pitch is heavy and perhaps a bit too risky for him) and no Casey (finally the 2nd game of his suspension). Personally, I won't be throwing the towel in until its mathmatically impossible for us to stay up - we are not that far adrift at the moment, and Leatherhead still have a 3 point deduction pending.

By PF4/2/2017 16:12Sat Feb 4 16:12:05 2017In response to Re: GraysTop of thread

Views: 3150

Well as for the points deduction I was only going by what someone said earlier on the board. Looking at the game today we've nicked a goal just before ht. That's good for morale going into the break. I need a 2-1 win for us to get few quid though. Forgive me for cheering Grays if we get another!

Edited by PF at 17:02:36 on 4th February 2017

By PF4/2/2017 17:15Sat Feb 4 17:15:13 2017In response to Re: GraysTop of thread

Views: 3090

A welcome away win. And well done Grays for getting one late! Got me 27.50 for my fiver. It's all about the 3 pts at this stage. Hopefully the team can take some heart from this win which was vital just to maintain the status quo. Looking at the teams above we're gonna need them to mess up all their games in hand for us to have any chance.

At least we're still fighting and pitching for a battle. Next game against Bognor will be epic. I sort of expect a very fierce battle and a draw will be a great result for sure but a loss won't make too much difference really. We just need to beat the teams around us in the main to get to the 50 point barrier.

By Paul Butler (buts1690)4/2/2017 20:04Sat Feb 4 20:04:23 2017In response to Re: GraysTop of thread

Views: 2999

What a difference it makes to have Tom Lovelock back. Gary Mac has got a group of players that are up for the fight, as shown in the handbags session at the end as well as throughout the game, Arthur Lee in particular throwing himself into challenges and blocks. Matt Ball had his best game so far for us and scored a lovely goal, hit the bar with another effort that would have been goal of the season contender, Kezie was the Kezie of 2014-15 again, hold up play brilliant, not allowing their over physical defenders to wrestle him off the ball, Reis ran all day long and scored a cracking goal, that all came about from getting stuck in in the midfield. If we can keep Tom fit in goal, we have half a chance.

By ChrisHFC4/2/2017 21:03Sat Feb 4 21:03:03 2017In response to Re: GraysTop of thread

Views: 3019

Can't argue with any of Paul's comments. Elliott Brathwaite out with a groin strain, hopefully for no more than a week - Arthur played centre back with Luke, Sam played left wing-back, and only made one major error, failing to clear the ball properly and scuffing it striaght to Grays' scorer.

Our first goal was definitely Reis's, not Kezie's, but as the announcer was confusing the two all match, perhaps it's not surprising that FWP gave it to Kezie.

Apparantly Aveley are expecting to relocate to a new ground for next season, at Belhus Park. Grays are expected to groundshare for next season and perhaps the one after.

By Scarborough_Rob4/2/2017 23:27Sat Feb 4 23:27:30 2017In response to Re: GraysTop of thread

Views: 2968

Immensely proud of the lads and so chuffed for the management today. It was a proper mans performance. Every player gave everything that they'd got. That's all any of us can ask for.

Agree about him and James Harper. It must give others a buzz in the dressing room playing with someone of his playing career and nous. He did the same to players around him as Tom Lovelock does to his defenders. Gives them total confidence. Players wanted the ball all the time. Arthur Lee just grows in stature every time I see him.

Grays are a decent side. They won at Bognor last week. They dismantled us at SJP. That shows the potential Hendon have got when everyone puts in a shift.

Good luck for Tuesday and Saturday. I'm on my travels and then the dreaded late shift. Looking forward to the semi-final against a team who didn't have quite the same day as us!

By Claremont Man5/2/2017 13:05Sun Feb 5 13:05:17 2017In response to Re: GraysTop of thread

Views: 2892

According to the Non League Paper's report on yesterday's game,the Man of the Match was our new signing,none other than West End musical star Michael Ball,must have been a good sing song in the dressing room after the game !
A big ask on Tuesday against the League leaders,but who knows ? hopefully better times lie ahead,the recruitment of the two experienced midfielders should make a big difference to the balance of the side.
Onwards and Upwards

Previous thread: What we liked 50 50 by JD 4/2/2017 23:09Sat Feb 4 23:09:34 2017view thread