Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Looking at all league games to come... by PF5/1/2017 10:55Thu Jan 5 10:55:56 2017view thread

Another player moves on

By lesskinner3/1/2017 16:36Tue Jan 3 16:36:41 2017

Views: 2697

Very sad to see that Stuart McCall has returned to Wingate yesterday another good young player lost it is just amazing the turnover of players this season an example being it has taken five goalkeepers to get it right. I still cannot see that a side who beat both Bognor and Leiston away and drew with Havant and Waterlooville can then go ten games without a win in addition we lost Bradley Hewitt who was taking a break from the game according to our website but yesterday played for Biggleswade against Hitchin It seems that we are finding difficulty getting players to commit to Hendon something I have not experienced in my 56 years of following Hendon. does anyone know what is going on

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Another player moves on

By Paul Butler (buts1690)3/1/2017 22:33Tue Jan 3 22:33:44 2017In response to Another player moves onTop of thread

Views: 2493

If we had someone of the quality of Stuart McCall (even though he's now in his 40s and managing in the Football League) we'd be OK!!

Spencer I'm disappointed with. He looked very promising in pre season and early on, but as soon as things got tough, he seemed to be hiding.

Hewitt was one I didn't get to see much of, but the general consensus was that he was shite anyway.

The large turnover of players isn't a new thing at this level, we're just not used to it as Gary has generally retained players well for most of his tenure. When he first took over, the turnover of players that season (having started with Choules as manager and then Gary Farrell) was massive.

By Paul Butler (buts1690)3/1/2017 22:33Tue Jan 3 22:33:30 2017In response to Another player moves onTop of thread

Views: 2382

If we had someone of the quality of Stuart McCall (even though he's now in his 40s and managing in the Football League) we'd be OK!!

Spencer I'm disappointed with. He looked very promising in pre season and early on, but as soon as things got tough, he seemed to be hiding.

Hewitt was one I didn't get to see much of, but the general consensus was that he was shite anyway.

The large turnover of players isn't a new thing at this level, we're just not used to it as Gary has generally retained players well for most of his tenure. When he first took over, the turnover of players that season (having started with Choules as manager and then Gary Farrell) was massive.

By John Rogers4/1/2017 11:24Wed Jan 4 11:24:54 2017In response to Re: Another player moves onTop of thread

Views: 2365

I agree about Spencer. Along with others we've had this season, has plenty of ability but went missing when the chips were down. He looked a real gem of a find during pre-season, a midfielder that could dominate games with his touch, skill, clever passing and eye for a goal. Sadly, after that he largely flattered to deceive. However, I wish him all the best for the future.

The number of players over the past 18 months that have failed to show enough heart or balls for the fight is pretty staggering. Reading Gary's twitter feed and between the lines of his comments on the website, he seems to be taking some responsibility for getting some additions wrong - however, players are responsible for showing a bit of balls.

I have a shedload of time for guys like Luke Tingey, Arthur Lee, Karl, who have enjoyed the good times - the cup run - and not just downed tools as soon as things get a little sticky. They may make mistakes, but they seem to have some pride. That goes a long way for me as a supporter.

By Mike Cox3/1/2017 19:48Tue Jan 3 19:48:05 2017In response to Another player moves onTop of thread

Views: 2425

With just a very few notable exceptions, I'm afraid the days when players felt it an honour to wear a Hendon shirt and to give their all for the Club, are long gone.

Previous thread: Dulwich Match Thread by PF2/1/2017 15:30Mon Jan 2 15:30:50 2017view thread