Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Last Night, This Season and Beyond by John Rogers5/5/2016 09:53Thu May 5 09:53:44 2016view thread

Is there anybody out there?

By Mike Cox30/4/2016 16:28Sat Apr 30 16:28:27 2016

Views: 2804

Very unusually no posts from anyone for a week or so. Purpose of this missive is to wish the squad the very best of good luck in the upcoming LSC Final so that this most disappointing of seasons can finish on a positive note.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Is there anybody out there?

By StAlbansDon30/4/2016 18:28Sat Apr 30 18:28:00 2016In response to Is there anybody out there?Top of thread

Views: 2820

Disappointing no! An incredible effort given the circumstances of injuries suspensions personal tragedy and our financial restraints. We should all be rejoicing the fact we are in the Ryman Premier League with the prospect of SJP and the thriving youth set up. It has been a huge success for Hendon FC which will be our greatest season for years if we get the ground grading required. The LondonCup is a huge bonus!!!

By Mike Cox30/4/2016 19:58Sat Apr 30 19:58:36 2016In response to Re: Is there anybody out there?Top of thread

Views: 2682

Yes, of course we are all rejoicing and no one would argue with the valiant and almost superhuman efforts put in by all concerned to keep the Club afloat and indeed face a much stronger future. Congratulations all round again.

However, from a mere fan's point of view, it has been a disappointing season on the pitch and I find it hard to say otherwise - whatever the circumstances, finishing 19th cannot be regarded as being a success.

Once again sincere best wishes for the LSC and, more importantly, for 2016/17 onwards.

By rwakeley30/4/2016 19:11Sat Apr 30 19:11:25 2016In response to Re: Is there anybody out there?Top of thread

Views: 2735

I've been working on a prospective composition of our league next season. The geography seems far more widespread than ever, which is great news for all. One interesting observation is the amount of prospective candidates of whom have a 3G facility. Worthing, AFC Sudbury, Hendon, Hayes & Yeading and possibly Harlow Town.
It's interesting to see how teams with the facility are developing both on and off the pitch. Sutton United have just won their league and we know what Maidstone United accomplished.
It begs the questions:- Is it an advantage in playing terms? and Can you have too much of a good thing?
Watching developments at teams in the lower leagues to try and gain any conclusions.
Interesting times for all those concerned.
Eternally greatful for Simon, Rob and the Board for maintaining our very existence and paving the way forward.

By StAlbansDon30/4/2016 20:27Sat Apr 30 20:27:18 2016In response to Re: Is there anybody out there?Top of thread

Views: 2702

We are all in awe of Rob and his support of Hendon FC. I enjoy his posts on this forum and his particular view on matches. I am driven to provide a sustainable community club that will be around for years to come. It would be amazing to compete in the Natoonal league but we will always cut our cloth accordingly. As a club we are so lucky to have Simon, Mike, David and Gary to achieve our aims

By dw30/4/2016 21:33Sat Apr 30 21:33:12 2016In response to Re: Is there anybody out there?Top of thread

Views: 2805

I have to say that this season has indeed been one of the most optimistic seasons ever. Admittedly, results have not been sensational, but the future is so much brighter now than for many many years.

Intriguingly, with echoes of last year now taking place, Bognor, having just missed out by a whisker on automatic promotion have now been dumped by Dulwich, who scraped into the play-offs. Dulwich though are, as we all know, a fine side, only hindered by erratic results. Who would have thought that neither Tonbridge nor Bognor would appear in the play-off final?

Onwards, (hopefully!), to SJP and both enjoyable and challenging years ahead.

By David B3/5/2016 18:34Tue May 3 18:34:32 2016In response to Re: Is there anybody out there?Top of thread

Views: 2677

Fans look back at seasons past and compare it with the present one. Exactly 12 months ago we were looking forward to the playoffs and the London Senior Cup final. We have the London final again tomorrow (Wednesday), but we did finish 17 places lower this season than last. I know there were a massive amount of issues with which we had to cope, on and off the field, and they would have derailed pretty much every club, but I don?t think it is unreasonable for fans to consider 2015-16 a disappointment.

However, disappointing it might have been, there are a huge amount of positives to reflect upon - the youngsters getting experience at the end of the season, the imminent move to Silver Jubilee Park, not finishing in the bottom four, back in the London Senior Cup final. For me, this means the season was not a complete disaster.

Next season as Silver Jubilee Park will be a new chapter in the Hendon?s history. I am one of the world's biggest pessimists, but I must admit to being optimistic moving forward. Let's start it with a victory over Tooting tomorrow!

The future's bright, the future's green and white.

By Mike Cox4/5/2016 16:41Wed May 4 16:41:21 2016In response to Re: Is there anybody out there?Top of thread

Views: 2523

Thank you, David - I'm delighted that not everyone considers that my comments were unreasonable.
All the very best to the squad tonight.

By John Rogers4/5/2016 14:03Wed May 4 14:03:43 2016In response to Re: Is there anybody out there?Top of thread

Views: 2555

While we're at it, I want to congratulate all on the marked improvement in discipline. Since Luke Tingey was dismissed at Dulwich at the start of November our only red card can at Lewes, when Finbarr received a second yellow.

By David B4/5/2016 15:14Wed May 4 15:14:03 2016In response to Re: Is there anybody out there?Top of thread

Views: 2589

Have to agree with the discipline point.

Finbarr?s red card came as a result of tiredness. His mistimed tackles were both late on after he had run himself to a near-standstill and was trying too hard.

I hope the observation about discipline isn?t tempting fate ...

By John Rogers4/5/2016 22:50Wed May 4 22:50:51 2016In response to Re: Is there anybody out there?Top of thread

Views: 2587

I did wonder when Shulton grabbed a Tooting player around the throat in stoppage time whether those words would come back and haunt me...

Previous thread: Earlsmead and beyond by rwakeley23/4/2016 17:28Sat Apr 23 17:28:15 2016view thread