Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Is there anybody out there? by Mike Cox30/4/2016 16:28Sat Apr 30 16:28:27 2016view thread

Earlsmead and beyond

By rwakeley23/4/2016 17:28Sat Apr 23 17:28:15 2016

Views: 2612

Congratulations to Alan Dowson and the lads down at Hampton. Meanwhile our own story carries on unabated.
I spent lunchtime trying to draw some conclusions from our time at Harrow. Out of 86 competitive fixtures we have won 42, 19 draws, 25 losses. Not a bad return, heavily aided by last years promotion challenge.
I must say when I realized we were Earlsmead bound I was filled with trepidation for reasons unbeknown to myself. I just maintained we would struggle to dominate at home. I deemed Earlsmead as an impediment.
Interestingly or otherwise we have suffered at least statistically with regards to points gained relative on Monday night matches. As to if any conclusions can be derived from this - that's another cup of coffee.
It's a credit to all those involved that during our nomadic spell we have done so well, effectively playing away every week. Having our own home can only further aid our development.
Thanks to Harrow for helping us along - Now let's make SJP a fortress.
Obviously a very tough ask today - let's go and win the London Senior.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Earlsmead and beyond

By Middx Wanderer25/4/2016 07:18Mon Apr 25 07:18:13 2016In response to Earlsmead and beyondTop of thread

Views: 2432

So have you now played your last game at Earlsmead ?
Has SJP been graded now ?

Re: Earlsmead and beyond

By John Rogers25/4/2016 09:27Mon Apr 25 09:27:31 2016In response to Re: Earlsmead and beyondTop of thread

Views: 2406

We are waiting for confirmation, but the general expectation seems to be that we will start next season at SJP.

I have to say though, the welcome and assistance given to us from everyone at Harrow has been fantastic - from Peter Rogers right through the guys in the bar down to Pete and the ball boys who have been invaluable on matchdays. Of course, nothing beats playing at your own home, but the welcome we got at Earlsmead was far warmer than elsewhere. I know it isn't every Hendon fan's idea of the perfect ground, but Earlsmead has allowed us to survive longer at this level and for that, I think we should be eternally grateful.

As for this season, it has been a funny year. In spite of the many travails on the field, I haven't felt as positive as I do about the future for many many years. There is a lot for everyone to do at SJP to make sure we make the most of the move; there is a lot in place but we fans cannot afford to become complacent and think we have arrived.

Huge credit to Simon and Mike in particular for keeping going through the many many dark days; to Graham without whose experience I don't think we would have got to this point still in tact; to Rob for providing the vision and drive we needs to give the club a future; to Gary for sticking with us through thick and thin where most others would have scarpered on dozens of occasions; to the loyal band of players he continues to attract on a shoestring and most of all to the fans who keep turning up again, through thick and thin home and away.

At last we can truly believe that the future is bright, and very much green and white!

See you all at Imber Court next week.

Previous thread: Chris Seeby & Last Night's Win by Deadman21/4/2016 07:41Thu Apr 21 07:41:17 2016view thread