Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Burgess Hill by dw9/4/2016 22:47Sat Apr 9 22:47:56 2016view thread

Brentwood v Hendon

By Rainham don6/4/2016 13:07Wed Apr 6 13:07:59 2016

Views: 2795

Havent seen all the games this season but of those i have seen this was our worst performance.Firstly the pitch was awful,bumpy,dry causing lots of uneven bounces.However Brentwood seemed to cope with it.We did have 3 youngsters in the team namely oliver achille who played centre back and did ok,Keagan Cole who played pretty well in central midfield(has a good future if he carries on improving and was trying to pass the ball around when most players on the pitch were playing hoof-ball)and Nyv Bogaire who looked reasonable when he came on on sat but looked off the pace last night.With Jordan Spearman and Kieran Warren on the bench our substitutions were limited.One bonus was Casey was back after his illness and we were missing a few.On last nights evidence our remainung games will be a struggle.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Brentwood v Hendon

By David B6/4/2016 16:52Wed Apr 6 16:52:44 2016In response to Brentwood v HendonTop of thread

Views: 2650

Last night was not good to watch and we were well beaten by a team desperate to win. The gloom around the Hendon fans would have been so different if we had beaten Brentwood at Earlsmead because the 50-point target would have been achieved.

There is no point in making excuses, but for a variety of reasons last night, we played six teenagers (four started) and had two others as unused subs. Our two centre-halves had not only never played together they had only been at one training session together and that was four weeks ago.

Burgess Hill next, then Leatherhead, Billericay and Bognor and a 10-day break before the London Cup final. Twelve months ago, we didn't want the season to end. This April we can?t wait for the season to be over!

LET?S KEEP THE GREEN FLAG FLYING HIGH AND BE POSITIVE.

By rwakeley6/4/2016 19:35Wed Apr 6 19:35:38 2016In response to Re: Brentwood v HendonTop of thread

Views: 2626

Just seen the goals on Youtube - Same old, same old. Back post defending & failure to react.
If I'm being honest my mind is already on next season - and under the presumption we're safe - has been for some time, and despite statements to the contrary, I would imagine the management are already putting ideas down on paper.
Huge unanswered questions with regards to Kevin and Elliott coming back into the mix. We arguably have most of what we need, outside of numbers/quality up-front. Over-dependency on Kezie, of whom has slogged, at the end of the day, due to his isolation he has only managed 8 in the league.
Despite this season being a damp squib compared to last years valiant efforts - I personally maintain we are positioned for greater things.
One or two additions, then getting the right people in the right places.

By Paul Butler (buts1690)6/4/2016 23:37Wed Apr 6 23:37:21 2016In response to Re: Brentwood v HendonTop of thread

Views: 2572

Huge gamble to assume we're safe, don't like it one bit. Given the opportunity to put the nail in Brentwood's coffin (twice!) we now end up scrapping around and relying on other results in the final few weeks, as if we play like that we won't be getting any more points. Below Borough as well, which I've always said is the yardstick for crap in this division.

By Deadman7/4/2016 10:17Thu Apr 7 10:17:28 2016In response to Re: Brentwood v HendonTop of thread

Views: 2582

We've now got a paper-thin squad with very little goal-threat (we know we can't keep clean sheets, so have to score at least a couple). We need every one of our experienced players available for these last few games.

What's happened to Adam Wallace? The team was transformed when we had him up front with Kezie.

By John Rogers7/4/2016 12:31Thu Apr 7 12:31:57 2016In response to Re: Brentwood v HendonTop of thread

Views: 2619

We missed a lot of bodies on Tuesday night - whether through choice or necessity I'm not sure. Aside from the long-term absentees, there was Garnett, McCluskey, Robins, Taggart, Vassell, & Wallace, all of whom have played pretty big roles in nigh on keeping us safe for another season.

There were some bright individual performances Tuesday (Murphy first half, Maz, Ben Pattie and Brandon), but others were way short of their best and collectively far from good enough against a side fighting for their lives.

In the summer, we need to get the two centre half spots sorted out as an absolute priority, and some regular support for Kezie up top - assuming, of course, that he stays around.

The fact that we still have a cup final to look forward to in a season of trial and turmoil is a testament to the abilities of the managerial team. Hopefully, next season will see us able to make a completely fresh start on and off the field with a lot more optimism.

By SteveHFC8/4/2016 19:30Fri Apr 8 19:30:30 2016In response to Re: Brentwood v HendonTop of thread

Views: 2558

I can't comment on performances, having only seen 3 games since the end of August - which were the two LSC games at SJP, and the 5-5 on Boxing Day!

However, I think we've got enough points to stay up, having looked at the games that Farnborough and Brentwood still have to play (see below). Also worth remembering that Farnborough go down regardless. If they finish in the bottom 4, they'll drop two levels, and if they finish outside the bottom 4, they'll drop one level, following their financial issues at the start of the campaign. I don't see Brentwood picking up 10 or 11 points in their last 5 games.

I may not be there on matchdays, but I'm still supporting from a distance. Hoping to be around more again next season.

Remaining games for the other relegation threatened sides are as follows.

Brentwood
H v Kingstonian
H v Dulwich
H v Met Police
A v Bognor
A v Farnborough

Farnborough
H v Hampton
A v Kingstonian
A v Leatherhead
H v Kingstonian
H v Brentwood

Needham Market
A v Grays
A v Enfield
H v Dulwich

Harrow
H v Wingate & Finchley
H v Met Police
A v East Thurrock
H v Leatherhead

Burgess Hill
H v Hendon
A v Canvey
H v Tonbridge

Previous thread: Re Big Dave by The Ancient One4/4/2016 13:32Mon Apr 4 13:32:45 2016view thread