Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Inching closer... by John Rogers28/2/2016 11:26Sun Feb 28 11:26:23 2016view thread

Tonight

By dw1/3/2016 00:09Tue Mar 1 00:09:36 2016

Views: 2439

Yet another great effort tonight, mirroring the Staines match. Albeit in slightly better conditions, the cautious first half tactics worked perfectly, and after sustained Lewes possession two well worked goals arrived just before half-time. Finbar Robins' goal was shear class; he deserved it too based on his excellent all-round display. Great to see Adams and Cole injecting youthful pace and enthusiasm later on.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Tonight

By rwakeley1/3/2016 09:21Tue Mar 1 09:21:20 2016In response to TonightTop of thread

Views: 2341

Plenty of thought-provoking stuff. I believe this is as a compelling situation as we have had in while. A real foundation. This reminds me of an embryonic Nottingham Forest side back in the day. I see John Robertson bursting forward.
I agree with earlier Dave B, comments with regards to cover behind Olls and Omar - crucial - given the team more balance.
Oppositions will however retain more possession, spread the play and probe for weakness. The Gaffer touched on it - it is very un-Hendon like and like all things, when it doesn't work will naturally draw criticism.
As a viable option, I believe this is something to consider more away from home next season. With the players due back, the natural conclusion would be to be more combative at home.
It's a compelling insight into the future, as is the early adoption of the younger generation. Whilst totally embracing its incorporation, I do have one or two areas of concern going forward.
I think there's a fine line with regards to over-dependency. It's not a panacea. I saw my local non-league side twenty years ago adopt a YTS squad and blood a couple straight into top flight non-league echelons. They got slaughtered. I love looking at young players and making comparisons with past favourites and seeing how they are moulded. But there is understandable risk. There's a lot to juggle.
But hey, I'm massively in favour of it all and can only see benefits. After years of stagnation we are clearly evolving at quite a pace.
Well done last night!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: A critical fortnight by Mike Cox20/2/2016 11:26Sat Feb 20 11:26:48 2016view thread