Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sam Murphy Injury by Jeff Hill11/2/2016 20:42Thu Feb 11 20:42:55 2016view thread

bitten in the b.....

By JD NW27/2/2016 21:36Sun Feb 7 21:36:09 2016

Views: 2755

I agree with HFC fan Paul Butler that Leon should have been played in his best position more often. It was a bad head scramble on Gary?s part. It started with the decision, after knocking up the best defensive stats in the league last year, getting rid of Ben McNamara for Joe Wright. Knowing that Charlie Goode was leaving surely made a case for keeping a goalie who could command his area and give confidence to his centre-backs. They don?t know what to do now because who comes for the cross/corner? Who takes charge? There is your mess.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: bitten in the b.....

By Hendonboy8/2/2016 10:37Mon Feb 8 10:37:38 2016In response to bitten in the b.....Top of thread

Views: 2637

In fairness to Gary, Ben may (I would suggest probably, although we can't know) have decided himself that he wanted to move on with an offer from a club in a higher division in the offing, because of travelling or for any one of numerous other reasons.

By Den8/2/2016 12:28Mon Feb 8 12:28:56 2016In response to Re: bitten in the b.....Top of thread

Views: 2569

He probably realised that losing the two brothers and two center halves it was time to get out Because what's been used to replace them isn't good enough and he would of been hammered the same as joe has.

By The Ancient One8/2/2016 13:30Mon Feb 8 13:30:28 2016In response to Re: bitten in the b.....Top of thread

Views: 2566

I have no idea why we lost Mcnamara but I doubt he could have prevented any of the goals on Saturday. He had his moments in the early part of last season, some of his handling was poor and he had a dreadful game at Angels. The Met adapted to the conditions far better than we did and got that 2 goal cushion by half time. The two Hendon front players ran their socks off but the service from mid field was poor. No clear cut opportunities, just scraps, I doubt that Leon would have fared any better if he had changed the colour of his shirt at half time.I would be hard pressed to criticize any decision that Gary and his team make and we are so lucky to have them. The going this season has been tuff for all concerned some of the players have walked players who Gary has supported through injury and loss of form, so have supporters but the rest of us should show some solidarity.

By Claremont Man8/2/2016 16:25Mon Feb 8 16:25:13 2016In response to Re: bitten in the b.....Top of thread

Views: 2528

As I have speculated before,we don't know whether the players who have left have gone of their own accord,whether they have gone for financial reasons or simply released because the Manager wanted to change playing style.I simply can't believe that anybody could criticise Gary in any way,especially bearing in mind the personal sadness he has suffered recently.In my humble opinion he is on a par with the late Bill Fisher for services rendered to Hendon Football Club.

By rwakeley8/2/2016 18:09Mon Feb 8 18:09:57 2016In response to Re: bitten in the b.....Top of thread

Views: 2539

I feel for the Gaffer wholesale. Every week there's a huddle of injured players surrounding the dugout. Several on crutches. We've lost Seebs, Shults, Maz and Elliott Braithwaite. We have not had a single week where the side has been anywhere near full strength. The season has been one of constant crisis management. I'll take the frustrations of the present short-term for what the potential is any day.
As far as Gary is concerned, along with the likes of Coops and Dowson, the lad has produced miracles. If we have had an in-different spell, so what, he's earned his stripes and warrants respect from all, including the playing staff. If for what reason, he deems them surplus to requirement that's his responsibility.
If I had one personal gripe this season it would be our inability to cope with known threats, both individually and collectively. The defensive work in midfield has been a constant problem and left our backs exposed.
The goals on Saturday were similar to those at Hampton with little protection. That's a concern for Saturday. Mr Dowson proclaiming he has the best player in the league, intricate passing combined with the most entertaining eleven. Good on him! There should really only be one winner!
There's your motivation for Saturday chaps!

Previous thread: Leon's hat-trick by Mike Cox6/2/2016 17:27Sat Feb 6 17:27:17 2016view thread